Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Michael Jensen

Punisher 2 and Greek.wad (Two lost Casali levels?) EDIT: Found, along with MUCH more!

Just found this thread, really cool. Makes me wonder about this bit, though

On 4/28/2021 at 10:03 AM, thestarrover said:

Punish2.wad WTF Productions asked me to recreate Punisher so that it could run a competition on who’s the best in the world at Doom. In other wordswho can beat Punish2.wad? It makes Punisher look easy and shouldn’t be attempted by anyone who doesn’t want to be wasted severely. Watch me completing it in the demo (punish2.lmp).

Runriot.wad An oldish level but still a good one!

I guess there's an additional demo history element to this? I've been digging through Usenet groups and found this message: https://groups.google.com/g/alt.games.doom/c/im0Jh25VckA/m/TSc0HLKMQhUJ. I have to wonder if any submissions were actually created for the competition. :) The WTF website is sadly not archived at archive.org, and I couldn't find any other URLs under that domain archived, nor do I know if there were any other sites. I guess likely, if there were any demos, they are long gone, heh.

Also curious where punish2.lmp is, I couldn't find it in the zip. I wonder if it's in the WAD itself, though...

Hopefully, some or all of the above LMPs ended up on some shovelware CD.

1 hour ago, 4shockblast said:

Also curious where punish2.lmp is, I couldn't find it in the zip. I wonder if it's in the WAD itself, though...

punish2.lmp is available in DOOM.zip, in my first post on this thread.

Unzip: DOOM.ZIP...SINGLPL.ZIP...punisher.zip :)