Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Da Snoop

Realistic-looking weapons?

Hi there,
I do really want to use realistic-looking weapons in my TC. Does anybody know where to find it (if it exists and it's for free :)?
Whenever I download some TC with new graphics I haven't played, I'm expecting a good weapon graphics, but it always sucks (nothing against the hard work of graphician(s))!
Does anybody know how looks real M134 7.62mm minigun? I don't think so. Once I saw the screenshot here, on Doomworld, from upcoming TC for JDoom with few Fatso (Mancubus) guys and the player was holding a good-looking minigun! I don't know who made that, so I can't ask him for some new graphics :(

I'm really tired of gathering and looking for a good weapons for Doom. I have found a cool ending of rotation of the barrels, using reloading frames of shotgun, but I don't want to use it on original graphics of minigun in Doom.

Can somebody help me? Maybe draw new frames (for me :)?

Thank you...

Hmm, this reminds me. I gotta find some 1944-ish weapons for my project. Any ideas where? I'm a sucky artist, (yeah, still trying) I'll have to find out what I need. Foo, days like this I wish I could think. :P

ravage said:

Hmm, this reminds me. I gotta find some 1944-ish weapons for my project. Any ideas where?

You can find a good Tommygun in Blood.

Trasher][ said:
You can find a good Tommygun in Blood.

In Egypt? I guess so. But what about the others?

I really do wanna use some new sprites in my wad. Anyone got any good idea wherre I may ripp them from?

kristus said:

I really do wanna use some new sprites in my wad. Anyone got any good idea wherre I may ripp them from?

What'cha looking for?

Ct_red_pants said:

Exhumed (powerslave) has a 1337 revolver. (and it also set in Egypt to, so you'll find plenty usful resources).

Ok, so that's three weapons now. (revolver, Tommygun, and Dynamite Crossbow (someone's been drinking again, better than throwing >:) ))

ravage said:

Ok, so that's three weapons now. (revolver, Tommygun, and Dynamite Crossbow (someone's been drinking again, better than throwing >:) ))

Heh... Dynamite crossbow... I don't feel like releasing "go to hell b****!" anymore. Also, if you want I could send you the gfx for the powerslave revolver, and for the powerslave m60!!! after all, the m60 replaced the BAR in late WWII. and 1944 is LATE WWII.

Edit: instead of using the dynamite crossbow you should probably just rip the dynamite gfx fromm blood. It would be a little retarded if it was a crossbow, and the blood gfx look really nice. Also there's a cool sword from powerslave(you said your thing would be in Egypt, right?).

Nick Perrin said:

Heh... Dynamite crossbow... I don't feel like releasing "go to hell b****!" anymore. Also, if you want I could send you the gfx for the powerslave revolver, and for the powerslave m60!!! after all, the m60 replaced the BAR in late WWII. and 1944 is LATE WWII.

Edit: instead of using the dynamite crossbow you should probably just rip the dynamite gfx fromm blood. It would be a little retarded if it was a crossbow, and the blood gfx look really nice. Also there's a cool sword from powerslave(you said your thing would be in Egypt, right?).

I can already rip stuff out of Powerslave. That's what Kextract is for. And the 'DCB' works just fine. They had crossbows back then, (hell way back when too) and dynamite strapped to an arrow actually works better. Besides, it's fun as hell too. >:)

I'm also thinking about the machette(sp) and I did rip the Blood DBS(edited). However, I am still looking for hands. And a replacement for the single barrel shotty. I wish I still had Blood.

Woah woah woah!!!

Don't use kextract. Got the XWE page(hosted on doomworld) and get the newest XWE, not the lite version, the FULL! It works on tiles.art files and .dat files, and .grp files. Just find the palette.dat in the grp, on the palette bar select use current, find the desired tiles.art in the grp and look through it, saving pictures as .bmp's at will!

As for the blood art... remember you gave me the DCB art? Well. I should return the favour, right? I have blood. Just e-mail me.

Edit: what kind of hands are you looking for? gloves? bare? What colour if gloves? etc.