Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Arcturus

Project Osiris - Alien Breed 3D for GZDoom (v1.0.3)

That is so cool! I knew Alien Breed because of the relatively recent (and frankly not that great) Alien Breed: Trilogy reboot, but I did not know they made a FPS.

Thanks a lot for your good work! I am going to try this right now.

Just did a quick bugfix on this, some stuff was broken on MAP08, and also had some issues running the game on Linux. So yeah, it's 1.0.1 now!

Put out another bugfix update! Sorted some issues - some enemies were misplaced and music volume being zero would bog down the framerate. Sorted now!

Download Project Osiris v1.0.2

Shout out to Kinsie who did a little mod with a collection of replacement sounds which are a bit more crunchy and Amiga-y. Maybe you'll like them better than mine!

Another update! A couple of other bugfixes, but mainly, the music from the CD32 version is now included as standard, as I got permission from Bjorn Lynne! You can switch between the my new soundtrack and the classic one on the fly by going to Options > Sound > Soundtrack.

Download Project Osiris v1.0.3

I remember a friend of mine playing the original version on his Amiga many years ago. It is very nice to have the opportunity to play again this  good game on modern machines. Amazing job!

On 4/17/2021 at 1:24 AM, Arcturus said:

The pixels were huge and the viewport was tiny,

I think that it was the main problem of the game. If I recall correctly there was an option to zoom the point of view but with a big loss of resolution.

On 5/12/2021 at 6:15 PM, thestarrover said:

I remember a friend of mine playing the original version on his Amiga many years ago. It is very nice to have the opportunity to play again this  good game on modern machines. Amazing job!

I think that it was the main problem of the game. If I recall correctly there was an option to zoom the point of view but with a big loss of resolution.

Thanks! No problem!

Yeah in the original you can press enter on the keypad to zoom in. It's technically the same resolution, it's just the sheer chunkiness is laid bare. Thing is though, once you get into the flow of playing the game you don't notice it as much, at least that's what I find. Maybe I'm just desensitised to it at this point!

Edited by Arcturus

Aww Yesss! Just downloaded.

Big fan of Alien Breed from back in the day. Better Aliens game than any of the official ones from that time period.

3 minutes ago, Lazlo Panaflex said:

Big fan of Alien Breed from back in the day. Better Aliens game than any of the official ones from that time period.

I totally agree!