Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
VindSole

SIGIL Roland SC-55 Music Pack?

Do anyone have Roland SC-55 recordings of SIGIL's music? There is one on Youtube but the link is down.

Someone was asking for the same thing but with the Plutonia MIDI Pack earlier, hm...

Jimmy's Bandcamp has renderings of the MIDIs, though I'm not sure whether they use SC-55 or SCC-1/GS Wavetable. The two are somewhat similar.

You could also record them yourself with something like TiMIDIty and an SC-55-based soundfont.

1 hour ago, northivanastan said:

Someone was asking for the same thing but with the Plutonia MIDI Pack earlier, hm...

Jimmy's Bandcamp has renderings of the MIDIs, though I'm not sure whether they use SC-55 or SCC-1/GS Wavetable. The two are somewhat similar.

You could also record them yourself with something like TiMIDIty and an SC-55-based soundfont.

It doesn't seem to be SC-55, I tried to record it myself but no soundfont sounds genuine to me

guess my only option is to buy a SC-55 haha.

Thanks for that. Should get around to making more of these again if you have time, ive been using them ever since the first wave. Whats doomfinal.pk3? Only one I don't have.

Well, the name implies it's for Final Doom. Only TNT had new music, so I would assume it's for that. Haven't really been looking at those packs for years, so it's hard to remember.

Edited by NightFright

On 4/16/2021 at 9:52 PM, VindSole said:

It doesn't seem to be SC-55, I tried to record it myself but no soundfont sounds genuine to me

guess my only option is to buy a SC-55 haha.

It’s totally worth having one. I love mine even if it’s purely for Doom and nothing else.

14 minutes ago, FozzeY said:

This sounds like the Sound Canvas VA software, which is by no means a bad thing, but there are a few differences between it and an old hardware module.

If there's still somewhat of a demand for recordings of with a hardware SC-55, I don't mind setting up a session and sharing the songs here.

4 minutes ago, Lippeth said:

If there's still somewhat of a demand for recordings of with a hardware SC-55, I don't mind setting up a session and sharing the songs here.

I'd download that. I can tell these tracks are also noticeably quieter compared to MusicallyInspired's packs.

On 11/13/2021 at 6:38 PM, Captain Ventris said:

It’s totally worth having one. I love mine even if it’s purely for Doom and nothing else.

I second that. I've had a CM-32L and an SC-55 for my retro gaming for a long time now, and while I don't find the CM-32L so useful anymore (Munt emulation is so good that I can't really tell them apart) the SC-55 is one thing I wouldn't do without. None of the soundfonts sound quite the same, and it's especially noticeable with Doom. Sound Canvas VA sounds good but not quite the same and frankly, if you don't want to pay for an SC-55, I'd say just go and get a good free soundfont.