LEAD DEVELOPER:    FireWarden1000
RELEASE DATE:    11/28/2020
LAST UPDATE:    09/18/2022

DOOM ENGINE EDITOR SOFTWARE:    Eureka DOOM Editor
Eureka DOOM Editor website:   http://eureka-editor.sourceforge.net/

Eureka DOOM Editor GitHub website:

GitHub - ioan-chera/eureka-editor
https://github.com/ioan-chera/eureka-editor

Free image hosting provided by the ImgBB website.

Upload and share your images.
ImgBB website:
https://imgbb.com/

The STILETTO CHRONICLES was made using data from The Ultimate DOOM.

The STILETTO CHRONICLES was uploaded to the Mod DB website.

Games and mods development for Windows, Linux and Mac.
Mod DB website:
https://www.moddb.com/

STILETTOCHRONICLESV1.10 file download location:

STILETTOCHRONICLESV1.10 addon - Doom - Mod DB
https://www.moddb.com/games/doom/addons/stilettochronicles

Watch the development of STILETTO CHRONICLES on the Doomworld forums.

Forums: Doomworld
https://www.doomworld.com/

STILETTOCHRONICLES - Version 1.10 MAP2 UPDATE -WADS && Mods - Doomworld
https://www.doomworld.com/forum/topic/121307-stilettochronicles-version-110-map2-update/

Compatible with DOSBox MS-DOS X86 emulator.

DOSBox, an x86 emulator with DOS.
DOSBox website:
https://www.dosbox.com/

Tested STILETTOCHRONICLESV1.10.wad with LZDoom source port version 3.88b Linux PC version.

ZDoom website:
https://zdoom.org/index

Tested STILETTOCHRONICLESV1.10.wad with PrBoom-Plus source port Linux PC version.

PrBoom-Plus GitHub repository website:

GitHub - coelckers/prboom-plus
https://github.com/coelckers/prboom-plus

Map Description:

Single player Doom episode with coop, and deathmatch spawn points included.
Episode includes Easy, Medium, and Challenge difficulty levels. Medium difficulty, and Hard difficulty are the same for most maps.
Only MAP1, and MAP2 supports Challenge mode.
Each map supports Pistol start, and continuous play.
Read STORYLINE.TXT for Gameplay Tips to beat a level, and to read the STILETTO CHRONICLES Episode storyline.

Storyline:

Spoiler

MAP1 - OVERSHADOWED

ALL OF THE TEACHERS, AND STUDENTS WERE REPORTED MISSING AT VARTEK UNIVERSITY.
VARTEK UNIVERSITY IS NEAR A MILITARY COMPLEX, AND THE MILITARY COMPLEX IS ON LOCKDOWN.
THERE WAS A SCIENTIFIC EXPERIMENT TAKING PLACE AT THE MILITARY COMPLEX THAT WENT COMPLETELY WRONG.
MONSTERS WERE APPEARING AT THE LOCATION OF THE MILITARY COMPLEX.
VARTEK UNIVERSITY WAS CONDUCTING RESEARCH FOR THE MILITARY COMPLEX.
MILITARY HEADQUARTERS SENDS DOOMGUY TO VARTEK UNIVERSITY TO INVESTIGATE THE ANOMALY AT THE UNIVERSITY.
IF DOOMGUY DID NOT COMPLETE THE MISSION, THE MILITARY WILL DESTROY THE ENTIRE CITY WITH AIRSTRIKES.
THE MISSION, INVESTIGATE VARTEK UNIVERSITY, AND FIND A WAY TO DESTROY THE SCIENCE EXPERIMENTS IN THE UNIVERSITY.

OBJECTIVES:
- FIND A WAY INSIDE THE VARTEK UNIVERSITY OFFICES.
- INVESTIGATE THE VARTEK UNIVERSITY OFFICES.
- INVESTIGATE THE VARTEK UNVIVERSITY TECHNOLOGY CENTER.
- SHUTDOWN THE SCIENCE EXPERIMENTS.

SECONDARY OBJECTIVE:
- SEARCH FOR THE ARMY WEAPON CACHE IN VARTEK UNIVERSITY FOR MORE FIREPOWER

CHALLENGE MODE:    ANCIENT EVIL
- RANDOM BARONS WILL APPEAR IN THE MAP.

Maps Included:

Spoiler

MAP1    OVERSHADOWED    VARTEK UNIVERSITY
MAP2    LIQUIDATED        KATHON MALL
MAP3    ERASED            Mining Complex
MAP4    CIRCUMVENTED    Gharzak City
MAP5    IMPERSONATED    Ranule Power Station
MAP6    EXPIRED            Zilmore Train Depot
MAP7    SHATTERED        Jupiter-3 Base

Planned Updates:

The STILETTO CHRONICLES is updated when new maps, and map patches are released.
Map patches include expanding maps, bug fixes, and adjusting map difficulty.
9 maps planned for release, including adding a title screen, and adding in game text.
Deathmatch item locations need to be implemented to maps.
Challenge difficulty will be added to map updates.
The STILETTO CHRONICLES Episode will be a 9 map Episode for Ultimate DOOM.
The final release of The STILETTO CHRONICLES will be a mod for Ultimate DOOM.
2 hours of gameplay to complete The Stiletto Chronicles.

Installation instructions:

STILETTO CHRONICLES replaces Episode 1 in The Ultimate DOOM.
Start Knee-Deep in the Dead Episode to load STILETTO CHRONICLES after loading STILETTO CHRONICLES with desired source port.
Read the user manual included with the DOOM Engine source port software you are using to understand how to load custom DOOM maps.

STILETTO CHRONICLES was tested with all listed source ports.
STILETTO CHRONICLES does not use custom content, and should be compatible will any DOOM mod.

MS-DOS users:

- Texture alignment issues will cause graphic glitches (tutti-frutti effect).
- Demons, and Spectres have a chance of being stuck in doors. This problem happens randomly.
- Saving in DOOM will cause the game to freeze. Use map change command to change to a different map.
- If any engine errors are found in the maps, feel free to report the map bugs to me.

Files included with STILETTOCHRONICLESV1.10.7z

- DEVELOPMENTTRACKING.TXT
- STILETTOCHRONICLESV1.10.wad
- STILETTOCHRONICLESV1.10.TXT
- STORYLINE.TXT

Screenshots:

Spoiler

Screenshot-Doom-20220725-221128.png

Screenshot-Doom-20220926-011608.png

Screenshot-Doom-20201215-212217.png

2021-04-16-204822-1920x1080-scrot.png

Screenshot-Doom-20210522-210503.png

2021-01-22-221908-1920x1080-scrot.png

2021-03-12-193051-1920x1080-scrot.png

UPDATE SEPTEMBER 18TH 2022:

Spoiler

STILETTOCHRONICLESV1.10.WAD
    - Updated STILETTOCHRONICLESV1.09.wad to STILETTOCHRONICLESV1.10.wad
    - STILETTOCHRONICLES.wad includes the PATCH6 update
    - PATCH6 updates MAP2 to meet INTEGRATED map development standards
    - PATCH6 includes 30 hours of map development for MAP2

STILETTOCHRONICLESV1.10.TXT
    - Updated STILETTOCHRONICLESV1.09.TXT to STILETTOCHRONICLESV1.10.TXT

- Updated link to STILETTOCHRONICLES Doomworld forum topic
    - Added new screenshot of MAP2, and removed previous MAP2 screenshot
    - Updated MS-DOS installation instructions
    - Miscellaneous Improvements

STORYLINE.TXT
    - Added Secondary Objectives to MAP1
    - Adjusted MAP2 storyline
    - Added Objectives to MAP2
    - Added Sceondary Objectives to MAP2
    - Added Challenge Mode to MAP2

DEVELOPMENTTRACKING.TXT
    - Added PATCH6 map development tracking to DEVELOPMENTTRACKING.TXT

Edited by FireWarden1000 : UPDATE SEPTEMBER 18TH 2022

UPDATE May 22ND 2021:

STILETTOCHRONICLESV1.07.wad
    - Updated STILETTOCHRONICLESV1.06.wad to STILETTOCHRONICLESV1.07.wad
    - Redesigned MAP2 from scratch to be based on a shopping mall instead of a military base
    - MAP2 is not completed
    - Redesigned MAP5 from scratch to be based on a power plant instead of a military base
    - All locations in MAP5 were replaced
    - MAP5 was moved to a 30 Hour development schedule

STILETTOCHRONICLESV1.07.TXT
    - Updated STILETTOCHRONICLESV1.06.TXT to STILETTOCHRONICLESV1.07.TXT
    - Added link to the Doomworld Forums website
    - Added link to the Stiletto Chronilces Demo Release topic on the Doomworld Forums
    - Adjusted the description of MAP2 to include Kathon Shopping Mall
    - Add a new screenshot for MAP5 and removed the previous MAP5 screenshots
    - Adjusted the desciption of MAP5 to include Ranule Power Station
    - Miscellaneous improvements

STORYLINE.TXT
    - Adjusted MAP2 storyline to include Kathon Shopping Mall
    - MAP2 now takes place in the Kathon Shopping Mall    
    - Added Gameplay Tips to MAP2
    - Replaced MAP5 storyline
    - MAP5 now takes place in the Ranule Power Plant
    - Added new Gameplay Tips to MAP5

DEVELOPMENTTRACKING.TXT
    - Added PATCH3 Build Schedule to DEVELOPMENTTRACKING.TXT
    - Separated the Build Schedule for MAP2 and MAP5 in PATCH3
    - The Build Schedule for MAP2 and MAP5 were timed seperately during the development of PATCH3

My plan was to update both MAP2, and MAP5 with PATCH3. When I was reaching close to 20 hours of development of PATCH3, I realized MAP2, and MAP5 were 5 minute maps. To reach the 2 hour long episode length, each map in the episode needs to be about 15 minutes in length. I am adjusting each map to a 30 hour Build Schedule instead of 4, 20 hour maps, and 5, 30 hour maps. This does not guarantee maps will have longer gameplay lengths. Each map will have more detail to the map, and I will have enough time to test out the map before I reach 30 hours in the Build Schedule for the map. My understanding of the Doom Engine has improved, and I am able to build larger Doom maps that will be compatible with MS-DOS Doom.

MAP2 was not completed, because MAP2 was more connected to the Stiletto Chronicles storyline compared to MAP5. The development of MAP5 was completely rushed out the door, and had no connection with the Stiletto Chronicles storyline. MAP5 was intended to compete with MAP4, and this explains why MAP5 was completed in the shortest amount of time, 930 minutes. With the redesign of MAP5, the location of MAP5 appears more realistic, and is more infiltration based. This means the map will include more enemies in the map, because you are inside a power plant that is controlled by Quintor-Dakane Global Partners.

MAP2 will be completed at a later time. The redesign of MAP2 is included with STILETTOCHRONICLESV1.07.wad, and MAP2 includes the exit. MAP2 is a map that does not have much connection to the Stiletto Chronicles storyline either. Military bases inside shopping malls? Ancient alien ruins inside a shopping mall? Secret switches inside a shopping mall? None of these ideas make any sense. I removed all of the parts of MAP2 that has nothing to do with a shopping mall or anomaly. If MAP2 was a 10 hour map, you will see how long a 10 hour map will last. I was able to beat MAP2 in less than 4 minutes on Hurt Me Plenty.

UPDATE JUNE 13TH 2021:

STILETTOCHRONICLESV1.08.wad
    - Updated STILETTOCHRONICLESV1.07.wad to STILETTOCHRONICLESV1.08.wad
    - MAP1 was redesigned to involve more action instead of infiltration
    - MAP1 has completed 10 Hours of development
    - All locations in MAP1 were replaced
    - MAP2 has completed 20 Hours of development

STILETTOCHRONICLESV1.08.TXT
    - Updated STILETTOCHRONICLESV1.07.TXT to STILETTOCHRONICLESV1.08.TXT
    - Added link to the PrBoom-Plus 2.5.1.7um - Doom Engine Source Port on the Raspberry Pi Zero Build Guide
    - Added link to the Brutal Wolfenstein 3D and GZDoom 3.82 Legacy Doom Engine Source port Linux Build Guide
    - Added new screenshots for MAP1, and MAP2

STORYLINE.TXT
    - Adjust MAP1 Storyline
    - Added a Gameplay Tip for MAP1
    - Adjust MAP2 Storyline

DEVELOPMENTTRACKING.TXT
    - Added Adding Actual Hours to Build Schedule explanation in Map Layout Definition
    - Added Completed Area Development explanation to Map Layout Definition
    - Added PATCH4 Build Schedule to DEVELOPMENTTRACKING.TXT

I decided to move away from adding stealth features to Stiletto Chronicles, because building stealth maps requires larger maps. Stealth games are games that will use large maps. My plan for Stiletto Chronicles involves building small maps or maps that are developed at faster rates. Easy to build maps reduces development time, and I would be able to build more maps over time. Building larger maps, and placing resources all over the map adds to the budget that I have in place for the development of the Stiletto Chronicles. Stealth maps are not easy to build, and enemies do not patrol locations or use base alarm systems, which takes away the immersion of stealth.

MAP1 was redesigned from scratch to be more action based instead of infiltration based. I removed the classrooms from MAP1, and all locations of MAP1 were replaced with long corridors. The decision to build all long corridors for MAP1 was actually a bad idea, because I was not able to add Keyed Doors to MAP1. I was not able to add any mystery or investigation features into MAP1. I decided to release MAP1 after 20 Hours of development of PATCH4, because MAP1 is a completed map. Not adding any investigation features to a Doom map will decrease the amount of time to complete the map. MAP1 is a short map, and MAP1 has only completed 10 Hours of development. MAP2 has completed 20 Hours of development. I have improved MAP2 considerably, and MAP2 is close to reaching the final version.

Okay, I played this for long enough. The maps are incredibly modular with extremely repetitive architecture and design. The first map is essentially a bunch of large empty gray rooms copied and pasted over and over again with nothing but imps. Gameplay consisted of "move forward and shoot imps". The next map was no better. No new music. Every map I jumped to felt like it was made by a computer. None of the maps resemble the places that you say they are supposed to.

-Make rooms smaller so they feel less empty.

-Stop using the same pattern of architecture over and over.

-Textures are very repetitive and arranged in primitive patterns that are not pleasing to look at.

-Repetitive use of enemies.

-Combat might as well not even exist due to enemy placement/architecture.

-Add new music.

-Almost no detail here whatsoever, and when there is detail, it consists of poorly chosen or improper textures.

-Incredibly redundant gameplay in general.

-It is obvious in a lot of parts you haven't figured out how to properly make a door or implement height variation.

-Improper use of scrolling textures. Why did you put a scrolling SKY texture on a flat wall?

-Your "gameplay tips" for most maps consist of telling the player to "Moave around the map to avoid being boxed in by the enemy, and search around the map for supplies."

-Improperly placed zombiemen that end up killing each other.

Try working on a single map before attempting a megawad. This pretty much feels like an experiment by someone still learning how to use an editor. Right now I can't even assign a rating because there isn't really anything here to talk about. Based on your rather egotistical review of another user's map, I expected more.

Screenshot_Doom_20210614_022402.png

Screenshot_Doom_20210614_022827.png

Screenshot_Doom_20210614_022910.png

Screenshot_Doom_20210614_023204.png

Edited by TheMagicMushroomMan

Stiletto Chronicles looks better with DOSBox, I prioritized DOSBox over any other source port. The source port you are using does not have the right light values. The first version of MAP1 had height variation, and keys. I do not have a copy of STILETTOCHRONICLESV1.01 to prove what I am saying is true. Usually buildings are flat with no height variation, except for second floors, and scaffolding. I do not have plans to add custom textures or music to Stiletto Chronicles. My only plan was to add a title screen, and change the level names. Zombies soldiers shooting each other is unavoidable. You have to play the maps people made to see the truth. You will have large maps with at least 4 enemies in each area. I give reviews to maps doesn't mean the author of the map will respond to my comments.

2 minutes ago, FireWarden1000 said:

Stiletto Chronicles looks better with DOSBox, I prioritized DOSBox over any other source port. The source port you are using does not have the right light values. The first version of MAP1 had height variation, and keys. I do not have a copy of STILETTOCHRONICLESV1.01 to prove what I am saying is true. Usually buildings are flat with no height variation, except for second floors, and scaffolding. I do not have plans to add custom textures or music to Stiletto Chronicles. My only plan was to add a title screen, and change the level names. Zombies soldiers shooting each other is unavoidable. You have to play the maps people made to see the truth. You will have large maps with at least 4 enemies in each area. I give reviews to maps doesn't mean the author of the map will respond to my comments.

Trust me, it has nothing to do with light values. There is no fix for repetitive architecture and texturing. As for zombiemen shooting at each other, believe it or not it IS avoidable if they are placed correctly.

I see people playing Doom mods with gameplay mods. Are you telling me people have moved on from the base Doom game? I would agree. Doom doesn't have aim down the sights or regenerating health. I have played Freedoom, I know about height variation, and tech bases. The original Doom consisted of the same building blocks, which includes repetitive textures, and unusual door placement with small hallways. Doom has 10 enemies, and 2 of the enemies are boss enemies. To me, Doom is supposed to be repetitive, and there is nothing wrong with repetition. Games are supposed to be repetitive, and that is why games last a long time. Doom mods are free software.

13 hours ago, FireWarden1000 said:

I see people playing Doom mods with gameplay mods. Are you telling me people have moved on from the base Doom game? I would agree. Doom doesn't have aim down the sights or regenerating health. I have played Freedoom, I know about height variation, and tech bases. The original Doom consisted of the same building blocks, which includes repetitive textures, and unusual door placement with small hallways. Doom has 10 enemies, and 2 of the enemies are boss enemies. To me, Doom is supposed to be repetitive, and there is nothing wrong with repetition. Games are supposed to be repetitive, and that is why games last a long time. Doom mods are free software.

I don't know where you get this stuff from. Where did I say anything about regenerating health, aiming down sights, gameplay mods, Freedoom, the price of mods, or people moving on from DOOM? Yes, DOOM has 10 enemies. What it doesn't have is a map that consists of a big grey hallway with nothing but one enemy type placed everywhere.

Even the STORYLINE.txt is rife with errors and redundancies:

["The anamoly was not inside Vartek University.
There are reports of monsters appearing inside the Kathon Shopping Mall.
The Kathon Shopping Mall is located near Vartek University.
Doomguy needs to destroy the monsters in the Kathon Shopping Mall.
The next mission takes place in the Kathon Shopping Mall."]

["5 years after the events of CIRCUMVENTED, Doomguy is reported "Missing In Action."
Quintor-Dakane Global Partners now controls the Evil Army, and is expanding around the world.
Quintor-Dakane Global Partners were in the process of tranferring Doomguy to a labor facility, until Doomguy was able to escape captivity.
Doomguy successfully infiltrates the Ranule Power Station after being taken captive by Quintor-Dakane Global Partners.
The next mission takes place in the Ranule Power Station."]

Edited by TheMagicMushroomMan

The first storyline I developed was more similar to Doom, and Quake compared to the storyline that I have now for the Stiletto Chronicles. My original storyline was about monsters travelling through gates that were appearing at a military base. Similar to Half-Life, and monsters were appearing everywhere. Doomguy fights his way to the gateway, and fights the monsters past the first gate. Doomguy travelling through the gate will transport him to mysterious locations. These locations would have a resemblance to the original Doom maps, except more modernized. Instead of going with the gate travelling storyline, I went with a even cheaper storyline. "What if monsters took over the mall, what are we going to do? Imagine a building that does not have any decorations or furniture, the building would be completely empty. I wanted to add broken furniture to the maps.

STILETTO CHRONICLES has finally reached 125 downloads on the Mod DB website. I last updated STILETTO CHRONICLES on 06/13/2021, and finally there are enough downloads to release a new update. This means people are still playing The Ultimate DOOM maps, even the low quality maps, because the download count will take a long time to increase. When STILETTO CHRONICLES reaches the next download threshold on the Mod DB website, I will release a new PATCH. INTEGRATED has reached the download threshold for a new PATCH, and this includes my other DOOM2 map project. The "CAVE" map has reached the download threshold, and will be updated when I have the opportunity to build the map from scratch. INTEGRATED will take a long time to update. This will be a busy DOOM mapping year for me.

MAP1 in STILETTO CHRONICLES has been updated to INTEGRATED map development standards. This means more 3D environments, and moving away from blocky map design. When I was developing STILETTO CHRONICLES before I developed INTEGRATED, the maps were running fine on my main computer. The development of INTEGRATED made me invest in a computer with a workstation graphics card. The workstation computer cuts through the DOOM maps like butter. Well at least my DOOM maps. My daily computer can only start the development of a DOOM map.  Adding additional features to a DOOM map will require a more powerful computer. Remember, Maps E1M2 - E1M7 are early release maps, and are not complete maps. Only MAP1 had completed development. You can choose to skip Maps E1M2 - E1M7.

After searching through the Modb DB website for Ultimate DOOM maps, I noticed a number of DOOM maps were sitting on a shelf in the back for a long time. These are DOOM maps that were uploaded over 10 years ago, with at least 10 downloads a year. There are well designed DOOM maps from a long time age that barely have any downloads. DOOM II maps will have over 4 times the download rate compared to Ultimate DOOM maps. DOOM II contains a much larger resource count compared to Ultimate DOOM. STILETTO CHRONICLES was sitting at 120 downloads for about a year, until I noticed the download count finally reached 125 downloads. I feel obligated to release a new PATCH after I have enough file downloads.

I have to admit, I made MAP2 larger than the INTEGRATED map, which is supposed to be the largest Ultimate DOOM map that I made. The main difference between MAP2, and INTEGRATED is the theme. MAP2 is based on an urban location, more specifically a mall, and INTEGRATED is based on a military base that is near a city. INTEGRATED has more theme variety compared to MAP2, and the gameplay is completely different. INTEGRATED was designed to be a more open based map, and you would be able to complete the objectives, find the keys in any order. INTEGRATED uses the active environment controls, because of the number of machines present in the map that will require the player to interact with to move to the next area. MAP2 consists of fighting in close quarters most of the time, and if you are interested in tactical shooting games, I recommend giving MAP2 a spin.