Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
E.M.

Little Castles

Little Castles is a collection of 4 short Scythe-like maps that make use of the Gothic textures pack. I mainly created this as an excuse to practice my detailing skills. Tell me what you think and let me know if you find any glitches or if I need to make any balancing changes.

Screenshots:

Spoiler

IbT34Xv.png

6kxagNz.png

QTtDAMk.png

Y4LNd6P.png

Technical Details:

*IWAD: DOOM2

*Compatibility: Limit-removing

*Tested with: Crispy Doom and GZDoom

*No jumping or crouching allowed

Download Link: https://www.mediafire.com/file/oa5y1l9zut7xm0s/LITTLE_CASTLES_V01.wad/file

Really solid set of maps here. I enjoyed playing through these. The only thing I could suggest is that on Map 1, I expected the entrance to the blue key to close after I picked it up. May be worth considering, otherwise you can just run straight back out the room.

Posted (edited)

hi. played the first 2 of your maps in uv. i felt the maps were too empty. too devoid of decoration like cracks on walls or floors, torches on walls, windows, etc. the layout of maps also felt a bit bland, the same looking corridors. imho, a mapper should first question why people should play his/her map compared to other people's maps? what is unique about my map which is not found in other maps? is it because of the unique strange setting and architecture, for example gallows full of shadows and god rays, or setting in a chasm with a high tower looming at the end, etc? the intricate puzzles? the clearer a mapper could answer, the better the mapper would know what to focus on to make his/her map more detailed and thus better. anyway, this is just my personal opinion and i admit i am no mapper. on another note, i like the gameplay and the surprises of monsters suddenly silently appearing. anyway, congrats on the release. with such enthusiasm and grit for embetterment, i am pretty sure you could produce cacoward level maps in the near future. good luck and god bless.