Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
OpenRift

Widescreen Assets Pack and Appreciation Thread

On 6/12/2021 at 7:34 PM, Trilby Trillion said:

Note that this will only work with Zdoom ports as far as I know. Definitely won't work with Chocolate, Crispy, or PRBoom+

I hate being the "UhM aCtUaLlY" guy (I'm stupid, didn't realized you were talking about animated assets support which aren't supported by any non-ZDoom derived source ports, sorry), but fortunately Crispy Doom added support for widescreen assets on the 5.10.0 release.

As for PRBoom+, though the most recent PRBoom+/UMAPINFO official release doesn't support it, recent development builds did added support to it. Fortunately you don't need to compile it by yourself, just going to the PRBoom+ repo actions page you can choose which build you want (just the most recent one is fine) and at the bottom of the page are the binaries downloads. And to get the necessary .dll files to run it, you can just get it from the github repo or simply from the version you already have.

I highly recommend you to update your releases of these source ports in case you didn't, since both of them have been adding a lot of new features!

Last time I checked the only ones that don't have support for widescreen assets are Chocolate Doom (for obvious reasons), Eternity, Odamex and Zandronum.

ZDaemon does support it, but the widescreen status bar has a visual glitch.

Hell, even Doom Retro and Russian Doom support it.

Edited by whou : clarify my stupidity, sorry

Eternity is always the weird port in the room; has native smart support for stuff like the master levels and stuff like the Xbox 360 Doom port's files, yet is slow to support something basic that even the official ports have as standard. I would have expected it to be the first port to use the widescreen stuff from Bethesda :p

20 hours ago, whou said:

I hate being the "UhM aCtUaLlY" guy, but fortunately Crispy Doom added support for widescreen assets on the 5.10.0 release.

As for PRBoom+, though the most recent PRBoom+/UMAPINFO official release doesn't support it, recent development builds did added support to it. Fortunately you don't need to compile it by yourself, just going to the PRBoom+ repo actions page you can choose which build you want (just the most recent one is fine) and at the bottom of the page are the binaries downloads. And to get the necessary .dll files to run it, you can just get it from the github repo or simply from the version you already have.

I highly recommend you to update your releases of these source ports in case you didn't, since both of them have been adding a lot of new features!

Last time I checked the only ones that don't have support for widescreen assets are Chocolate Doom (for obvious reasons), Eternity, Odamex and Zandronum.

ZDaemon does support it, but the widescreen status bar has a visual glitch.

Hell, even Doom Retro and Russian Doom support it.

Am I crazy? It doesn't. I want to clarify that this is an intermission screen for specifically Thy Flesh Consumed with proper map animations and markers.

5 hours ago, Trilby Trillion said:

Am I crazy? It doesn't. I want to clarify that this is an intermission screen for specifically Thy Flesh Consumed with proper map animations and markers.

oh no, I'm sorry. Didn't realized that you were talking about animations and markers support. My bad.

and you were completely right, I did test it with other source ports that aren't ZDoom derived and they didn't even showed the custom static INTERPIC of the fix wad

I apologize in advance if this is not supposed to be a "request thread", but is there a chance someone could offer a widescreen alternative to the already existing Master Levels Interpic? I do have one that I simply adore due to its color scheme, and I just don't find the one posted in this thread (the one that's simply 'dark gray') that appealing to me. I attached the lump to my post.

MasterLevelsInterpic.rar

12 hours ago, Firebert said:

AUGER;ZENITH statusbar, because it was pretty simple to do. Someone much more skilled will have to make the PICS.

STBAR.png.606a61aa946551217b9c07a8d7438a3f.png

Ah, I was just playing through this WAD, I love it.

On 8/13/2021 at 1:59 PM, Umbra said:

I apologize in advance if this is not supposed to be a "request thread", but is there a chance someone could offer a widescreen alternative to the already existing Master Levels Interpic? I do have one that I simply adore due to its color scheme, and I just don't find the one posted in this thread (the one that's simply 'dark gray') that appealing to me. I attached the lump to my post.

MasterLevelsInterpic.rar

You'd rather see this replace the current one? I don't quite understand your post.

INTER_ML.png.686b34c9b2cb376b01bf8f5d47ebb343.png

9 hours ago, Scuba Steve said:

You'd rather see this replace the current one? I don't quite understand your post.

INTER_ML.png.686b34c9b2cb376b01bf8f5d47ebb343.png

Perhaps my post was a tad confusing. Apologies.

What I meant to say is that I don't dig that widescreen pic THAT much (not a fan of that dark gray color scheme it has). In my post I attached a .lmp which has a regular, non-widescreen interpic for Master Levels, and I like it more because it is as white as the game's cover art. I was wondering if there is a way to turn that .lmp I uploaded into a widescreen interpic?

Sorry I took so long to get back to you. That's weird, I don't know why that happened. I just attached a png-converted .lmp file of the lump I was talking about.

INTER_ML.lmp.png

Preacher

TITLEPIC.png.d8757862ec33db4c0ebe0cee0546bc14.png

INTERPIC.png.68755f0846ae9f215e05b1cff0f7ab19.png

STBAR.png.d9e4ff02635f23ea404aaed3716aebaa.png

preacher_ws.zip

Edited by Firebert : Removed Shotgun Symphony and Preacher's CREDIT, They didnt look good. Improved Preacher's STBAR

I've edited the btsx_e1_ws and btsx_e2_ws STBARs to be slighty longer as to prevent an issue with OpenGL mentioned earlier.

STBAR.png.49bfa5a0d4c4b58b259d4f3e402920b2.png

STBAR2.png.95982c85ed0c60980f2629dafc24c16e.png

btsx_ws_fixed.zip

Edited by Firebert

On 8/21/2021 at 10:47 AM, Umbra said:

Sorry I took so long to get back to you. That's weird, I don't know why that happened. I just attached a png-converted .lmp file of the lump I was talking about.

INTER_ML.lmp.png

Gotcha covered, I did two versions.

With Nash's widescreen extension.

interpic_gz.png.c367e8e4fe5153755ae0337e096ed689.png

With Scuba's widescreen extension.

interpic_sc.png.f9ca6046877d3fab5ed5a6b97c9c7e69.png

If I'm not mistaken, in order to get the "scrolling" to work properly, the first image needs to be in the ratio of 320x200 and the second image takes up the remaining width. Don't quote me on it, but I know it can't have overlapping artwork.

20 hours ago, Scuba Steve said:

If I'm not mistaken, in order to get the "scrolling" to work properly, the first image needs to be in the ratio of 320x200 and the second image takes up the remaining width. Don't quote me on it, but I know it can't have overlapping artwork.

That's odd, I tested it in dsda-doom and it worked fine. I'll try to check later this day with different ports/aspect ratios.

EDIT: To no one's surprise, this only appears to be in issue with GZDoom. I'm not going to bother making a GZDoom version as there's not much point to using SIGIL_COMPAT in GZDoom anyways.

Edited by Firebert