Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
OpenRift

Widescreen Assets Pack and Appreciation Thread

1 hour ago, NightFright said:

Doesn't GZDoom already provide all widescreen assets for HacX by now or it's still WIP?

Probably, I haven't checked the affected sprites yet, although I still don't have a working computer. 

6 hours ago, Wadmodder Shalton said:

Got the TITLEPIC and CREDIT graphics from @Phobus' 25 Years on Earth in widescreen.

TITLEPIC.pngCREDIT.png

Thanks for this one, its right by Doom 2 on Doom Launcher and the unwide titlepic was beginning to distract me right there with the wide one, heh.

hey they've got nice looking castles at MAP27

Eternal Doom IV: Return from Oblivion

Spoiler

TITLEPIC
TITLEPIC.png.35e97e8db5c41f0e1f21cea5e1428fa5.png
INTERPIC
INTERPIC.png.b19aff1c831601a84e941ae7940ae76e.png

Is it alright if I can use the widescreen assets featured in this thread in a set of *.bps patches I've been creating with Floating IPS for the WADs used in the Unity ports and their available add-ons? Credit will be of course given to the respective authors.

14 hours ago, AmethystViper said:

Is it alright if I can use the widescreen assets featured in this thread in a set of *.bps patches I've been creating with Floating IPS for the WADs used in the Unity ports and their available add-ons? Credit will be of course given to the respective authors.

Go ahead!

15 hours ago, AmethystViper said:

Can probably disable Slade's IWAD protection flag and edit them that way. Should be possible to restore Revolution and Anomaly Report's Map 33 (as 'ML1') in both :p (given how many times ive encountered issues in the port though, wont be surprised if this doesnt work as intended..)

when the hells are bound!

Hellbound

Spoiler

TITLEPIC
TITLEPIC.png.65f5a47f539bb699bb39102960b1a09e.png
CREDIT
CREDIT.png.a2df22b8e76869294ac3b587c64c3820.png
HELP
HELP.png.21714130aab4eb5a3d500c339f8d025d.png
INTERPIC
INTERPIC.png.4503011e1d714d61352d179d996c9617.png
BOSSBACK
BOSSBACK.png.c98339ec3f462acaee8e338c902a5ee8.png

Very small request here that should be pretty easy; could someone please do Zone 300 and 400? Got them lined up for unity port stuff

14 minutes ago, Wadmodder Shalton said:

Covert Operations now in Widescreen, but they're kinda useless because the source port that it requires EDGE doesn't support Widescreen assets. Just did these for the fun of it.

COVERT_TITLEPIC.pngCOVERT_CREDIT.png

COVERT_STBAR.png

We do support widescreen assets. Pretty sure modern EDGE does too.

...is it not arguably a pointless exercise since most/all ports display black bars either side of the title assets when in widescreen??

3 hours ago, Dragonfly said:

...is it not arguably a pointless exercise since most/all ports display black bars either side of the title assets when in widescreen??

yeeeaahhh... I was gonna point that out but I didn't wanna sound like a dick (despite how tempting that sounded).

Well, I mean... Maybe there is more to the picture than meets the eye?

...nah.

Made some widescreen assets for Knee Deep in KDiZD! I can't think of a WAD more deserving of the widescreen treatment to be honest.

CREDIT.png.4c0882ea34058e624340e351596af7e0.png

HELP.png.81c3e14a2415d3ea2eb848175d0795c3.png

KDiKDiZD_ws.zip (Also includes remapped STBAR and INTERPIC graphics as well)

9 hours ago, OpenRift said:

yeeeaahhh... I was gonna point that out but I didn't wanna sound like a dick (despite how tempting that sounded).

I also don't want to piss on their parade (more than I already have) but it's another zero effort art edit again. I know at this point I'm completely wasting my time here but if @Wadmodder Shalton is going to repeatedly post attempts at textures and widescreen assets, they have the time and availability to improve their craft... And while my repeated commentary might suggest otherwise, I'd love to see them actually develop in their craft - watching people's talents grow is one of the more amazing parts of this community and it's a real shame to me that any advise given from multiple sources is ignored, in favour of repeating themselves...

For example, to help illustrate my point - you could have taken some artistic license on this one if you really want to expand it to widescreen, though in this case I don't think it needs it at all. Here's an example that took much less time to make than this post took to write:

ddabd83561c208bf4d7ebdf5ae922ede.png

7 hours ago, Dragonfly said:

it's a real shame to me that any advise given from multiple sources is ignored, in favour of repeating themselves...

On 11/26/2022 at 11:49 PM, Forgotten said:

made one for auger zenith hello_it_is_i_john_cyberpunk.zip

Now go do ALL the other DBPs for a full set.

*gets punted out of the forum*

Anyway, ive been making wads out of the later widescreened materials all afternoon, and I also made a widescreen patch for Chex Quest 2, since GZDoom's automatic widescreen doesnt apply to a PWAD like CQ2

Keep the graphics coming *thumbs up emote*