Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
DubstepJesus91

a rough idea for a wad

playing as kalki at the end of the kali yuga

"At the end of Kali Yuga, lord Vishnu will take birth on earth to wipe out the sinners. It is mentioned that lord Vishnu's Kalki avatar will come to the Earth in a white horse which has wings (here, the destruction caused by the white horse is used as a metaphor for the destruction of darkness in the minds of the human beings)."

kalki definitly has 2 swords and his white horse, but his arsenal could be expanded with some neat hindu-esque fantasy weapons

the maps could be the earth, a godly realm, there could be a demon realm or those place could look trippy since hindi culture is loved for their usage of many colours

the enemys could also have some variety in form of cyborg stuff or biomechanical stuff or magic or demon stuff i mean its an apocalyptic setting thats believed to take place in 428,899 CE AND its religious so there is very much space for creativity and interpretation

but i'm not capable of doing this

To ask people to help you with a project, you need to have a decent bunch of stuff to show that your worth their time. That's how a bunch of those "kickstarted indie games" got to where they are now, and that's how a bunch of doom projects have gotten to where they are now. I'd reccomend learning some modding yourself and seeing if you enjoy it.

15 minutes ago, Reelvonic said:

your not capable of this

what makes you think we would want to

whats in it for us

i reccomenf learning to mod yourself its simple and fun

heres a good resource

https://zdoom.org/wiki/Main_Page

i had computer science class in school and i was terrible i'm pretty sure that for me learning to mod is like learning to ride a bicycle for a dog

also i posted this idea so if any modder wants to make it he can do it without mentioning my name even once

its not MY project its just a quick idea i wanted to post somewhere

42 minutes ago, roadworx said:

any wads that involve religion are bound to piss people off, so idk if that's a good idea

yeah... I'm still extremely pissed off by doom and doom2, and plutonia, and tnt, and master levels, and eviternity, and valiant, and.....

oh yeah... and "deus vult".... bruh... don't even get me started...

25 minutes ago, Nine Inch Heels said:

yeah... I'm still extremely pissed off by doom and doom2, and plutonia, and tnt, and master levels, and eviternity, and valiant, and.....

oh yeah... and "deus vult".... bruh... don't even get me started...

there's a big difference between generic satanic imagery and referencing specific beliefs of a religion that's a major component of ethnic tension in one of the most populous regions on earth. idk about you but that doesn't seem like a very good idea

1 hour ago, DubstepJesus91 said:

i had computer science class in school and i was terrible i'm pretty sure that for me learning to mod is like learning to ride a bicycle for a dog

I know it's a bit off topic but I gotta say, school made me feel that way too, and a few years later I found out programming isn't all it's made out to be, and it's my job now. Modding doesn't necessarily mean programming, either. Give it a shot, maybe you'll surprise yourself!