Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
MetaCorp

Beyond Sunset - Early Access on Steam!

holly shit!
I didn't knew about this project!

Damn, it totally looks like how HACX 2 could had been.

Totally amazing trailer.
Hope to be able to play this amazing game someday.

3 hours ago, MetaCorp said:

New trailer is live! We have a Patreon now! Not shipping any Patreon stuff until December, but you are welcome to give us your money before then:

https://www.patreon.com/beyondsunset

Tell your friends.

Great! Would it hurt to add a few screenshots there? That way you hold people's attention longer.

Our Patreon is now live. Give us your money or we'll be forced to melt down the cute robots for materials to build bigger angrier robots.

pill.png.5cbacddf119e0d204a6f359c79bfb0bc.png

If you just want the demo and don't want to support the project on Patreon, do not worry! We will be releasing the demo to the public in January. Consider supporting us if you like the project and want to help it thrive!

Edited by MetaCorp

mQZCrnv.png

Did you know that Beyond Sunset is based on a TRPG that I self-published (and then subsequently un-published because of how bad it was)? Players loved the lore and hated the RPG system. Get access to the original awful TTRPG if you become a patron!

pill.png.5cbacddf119e0d204a6f359c79bfb0bc.png

Walls Disappearing?

If you are playing the demo and the walls start disappearing, this is a known bug with GZDoom and we're doing everything on our power to fix it. In the meantime there are several workarounds you can try. We apologize for any inconvenience this may cause you. We strive to provide the highest-possible quality experience possible, and we know that this bug can render your game unplayable. Thanks for your patience and support!

If you have an NVIDIA graphics card:

Press Esc to return to the main menu. Select Options.

If the menu is not accessible, move into an area where the bug is not present and attempt to open the menu again.

From the options menu select Graphics Options.

From the Graphics Options menu, select Preferred Rendering API and choose OpenGL.

Close out of your game and return to desktop. Once the application is closed, relaunch the game.

Return to the Graphics Options menu to confirm the game is now set to OpenGL.

If the problem persists, please let us know immediately.

If you have an AMD graphics card:

Press Esc to return to the main menu. Select Options.

If the menu is not accessible, move into an area where the bug is not present and attempt to open the menu again.

From the options menu select Graphics Options.

From the Graphics Options menu, select Preferred Rendering API and choose GLES.

Close out of your game and return to desktop. Once the application is closed, relaunch the game.

Return to the Graphics Options menu to confirm the game is now set to GLES.

If the problem persists, please let us know immediately.

If you are using an AMD graphics card, if your drivers are newer than Radeon 20.12.1 we recommend that you use the GLES renderer. If your drivers are 20.12.1 or lower, we recommend using the OpenGL renderer.

For the best possible experience on AMD cards, install Radeon 20.12.1 drivers. AMD's latest updates broke the OpenGL renderer and we are powerless to resolve this issue without direct support from AMD.

6 hours ago, LuciferSam86 said:

I'm worried about the observation made by Kinsie over the ZDoom forums about the usage of ZMovement since the disclaimer on the original post, could be a problem.

We obtained permission on the condition that we fix some bugs in the original zmove :)

https://forum.zdoom.org/viewtopic.php?f=19&t=71504&p=1211233#p1211229

Thanks for the praise!

Also, for the love of god, please steal assets from the demo and use them in your mods. This wouldn't be a doom engine game if I didn't see my hud sprites show up in some mod. We also left some unused sprites in the mod. Please use them for something because we won't.

I'm glad I wasn't disappointed. This is a great product, and so far one of my favorites of recent. Eagerly waiting for the release :) Good luck.

If you have a video review, post it here! We take feedback seriously.

I gave the alleged dumpster man access to make a video about the game. Check it out here: