Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
phoo

PrBoom+ issue with custom animated textures, flats and switches

Hi, I'm running into an issue in PrBoom+ 2.5.1.4 related to custom animated textures, flats and switches.

Custom textures and flats don't animate, the same applies for switches as well. The most recent pwad I experienced this with is Speed of Doom. I opened the wad up in Slade just in case, and there's a ANIMATED and SWITCHES lump as I would expect there to be that comes after the FF_END.

I'm wondering if anyone else has experienced this issue? If so, I'd appreciate some input, thanks!

11 hours ago, phoo said:

Hi, I'm running into an issue in PrBoom+ 2.5.1.4 related to custom animated textures, flats and switches.

Custom textures and flats don't animate, the same applies for switches as well. The most recent pwad I experienced this with is Speed of Doom. I opened the wad up in Slade just in case, and there's a ANIMATED and SWITCHES lump as I would expect there to be that comes after the FF_END.

I'm wondering if anyone else has experienced this issue? If so, I'd appreciate some input, thanks!

That is an old version. You should try the UM Fork or DSDA-Doom instead.

12 hours ago, phoo said:

did you run it with the correct complevel? certain textures and flats are only boom or mbf-compatible and will not work if you don't set -complevel 9 or 11, or the default current pr-boom+ complevel.

(and speed of doom is boom-compatible)

11 hours ago, Redneckerz said:

That is an old version. You should try the UM Fork or DSDA-Doom instead.