Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Julian

So where does your username come from?

I've had a lot, but here are 2 of them (first one provides context to the second one, kinda)

Back in ~2017, I made a Roblox account after I forgot the password to my old one, and I just wanted something that sounded cool. Couldn't think of anything so I just kinda started saying random things and "Varinbes" came out. I stuck with it for a while, but then realized "Varinbes doesn't exactly roll off the tongue, does it?" So I shortened it to "Varin" on Discord and whatnot.

Then, I started to make meme rap on SoundCloud. Couldn't think of a good original name, so I just went under "Varin Da Memer." Made a few albums, started taking music somewhat seriously, thought "Well, that won't work if I'm taking this seriously, but it abbreviates cool." The 1337 comes from my enjoyment of old internet things.

my xbox gamertag was blueshadow555, I made that gamertag when I was in middle school. Got rid of the blue, searched up what was shadow in Nahuatl (Aztec Language), I got Cehualli and I added the 555 because I had it before and the name Cehualli was taken in other websites so I kept them the numbers. (although I just have one 5 now)

I used to play quake 3 under the name "Osiris", but people kept mistaking me for some other Osiris. I switched for that reason, and based this one on a creature from Dark Age of Camelot called... Rotting Zombie

It came when I thought about my school's pizza and I thought of it as convenient to my profile pic, i thought it was cool and truly a name i could own in my opinion so i just stuck with it, it's alot easier to think of a name now too whenever i'm making an account for anything.

Mines complicated but boring. Growing up I didn't play online multi-player games all that much because I didn't have the resources to do so. So when I got to college my gamertag was literally just the email I got in middle school, so it needed a change. I was playing Super Smash Brothers Melee competitively at the time and entered a 2v2 tournament with my friend. 

My friends tag is dope as fuck, InfernoJack, and I was like "I'll do the opposite of that!" so our team name was kind of cool. So opposite of Inferno is Frozen, easy enough. Though there really isn't an opposite to Jack but I was hungry at the time and I wanted some pizza so it became FrozenPizza. In retrospect its a lame tag but I can't think of anything cooler that fits me naturally so I'm just sticking with it.

One day I wanted to make a stupid name for my Dark Souls character, now it's my go to name. Other favorite DS character name would be "Witch Beabitch."

In brazilian portuguese (and I suppose other regional variances too), "Tutu" is a very common nickname for those called "Artur", my birth name. Also, I watch Formula 1 races (and other motorsport categories) since I was a child, hence the "turbo". The final touch is my year of birth, 1991. In the end you have a mix: tutu + turbo + 1991.