Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
1Destro3456

So where does your username come from?

I played Scythe just a few weeks before finally joining Doomworld and I liked MAP17 name, aesthetics and gameplay, so I choose Book Lord. I think it reflects my background as a Heretic/Hexen fan, in some mysterious way.

31 minutes ago, Book Lord said:

I played Scythe just a few weeks before finally joining Doomworld and I liked MAP17 name, aesthetics and gameplay, so I choose Book Lord. I think it reflects my background as a Heretic/Hexen fan, in some mysterious way.

Oh hey, my second-favorite Scythe Map! Solid choice!

My name is the geekiest thing possible: I took the first syllable of "SOny," the second of "NinTENdo," and the latter syllable of "seGA," and boom. I grew up in the nineties and these were the three big console competitors at the time, and try as I might, I don't think I'm ever going to fully break away from video games, so thus it was. I actually had an early alias of "Nintendo Dreamstation," but that's way too wordy and potentially copyright-baiting, so I ditched it. Though in some circles, I also went by the handle of "ContraVania," my two favorite Konami series, back when Konami was worth a diggity-damn. 

I think Sotenga also means something like "Blue Sky Will" or some gibberish phrase in Japanese, at least as far as my extremely limited understanding of the language interprets it. But while I am something of a nerd for Japanese culture, I assure that this was completely unintentional.

13 hours ago, Sotenga said:

I think Sotenga also means something like "Blue Sky Will" or some gibberish phrase in Japanese, at least as far as my extremely limited understanding of the language interprets it. But while I am something of a nerd for Japanese culture, I assure that this was completely unintentional.

Given that all three companies are Japanese, and my limited understanding of their spelling system, it would make sense that taking random syllables from different Japanese words and mashing them together would create something meaningful. Of course I don't speak Japanese, but I'm sure someone else on this forum who does will be able to verify.

I named my avatar after the cheep dollar-store pirate necklace that I wore from Grade 3 to shortly before my first year of University. Yes, it is the same necklace as my profile pick. Tragically, it broke and I can no longer wear it. It is a skeleton with an eye-patch. Skeletonpatch.

I was inspired by the good old cacodemon, but instead of being an evil/bad/ugly daimon, I am just your nearest daimon.

My first ever nickname on the internet was "capuccino123", that was back in 2009, it stayed like that until i changed it in 2015, my nickname was just Kuro, i met a girl and we started dating, her nick was "Kasugachii", so i changed mine to... yeah, Kurogachii, we broke up but the nickname stayed because it sounds cool (at least for me).

Posted (edited)

I've had a lot, but here are 2 of them (first one provides context to the second one, kinda)

Back in ~2017, I made a Roblox account after I forgot the password to my old one, and I just wanted something that sounded cool. Couldn't think of anything so I just kinda started saying random things and "Varinbes" came out. I stuck with it for a while, but then realized "Varinbes doesn't exactly roll off the tongue, does it?" So I shortened it to "Varin" on Discord and whatnot.

Then, I started to make meme rap on SoundCloud. Couldn't think of a good original name, so I just went under "Varin Da Memer." Made a few albums, started taking music somewhat seriously, thought "Well, that won't work if I'm taking this seriously, but it abbreviates cool." The 1337 comes from my enjoyment of old internet things.