Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Bloo

Eternity Mapping Project - Slots Open

(Edited)

Hi guys, I'm a little new here and this is my first post.

Anyways some of you know me some recent submissions to some community projects, if not hello, nice to meet you! I love creating music and sharing it with people.

So down to business. I want to compose midi for a miniwad. I have a basic idea of what the wad should be, but I want as much creativity here as possible while being a realistic wad to play on Hurt Me Plenty to UV/Nightmare. I've never been too good at making maps myself, but with some help, I think we could create something pretty cool with this format.

General Rules 

• Each mapmaker can take up to 1 slot.
  • Once you claim a slot, you can work on it and I will get a midi ready for you or you can design a map and I can design the midi for your map. You will be allowed as much time as needed as long as you can show you are working on it.
  • Name your map to something fitting for the wad
  • Engine used:Eternity
  • Otex texture pack https://doom.ukiro.com/otex-downloads/

Miniwad Format:

I want this wad to get more hellish as the player gets further along through it. So nothing hellish at the beginning, but start adding subtle details as the player progresses though the City, A little bit more in

Single mapset, generally to not be longer than or a 3 hour campaign or shorter than a 1 hour campaign

1.Opening Map (Claimed by Bloo)

It introduces you to the wad and teaches you what to expect from the rest of it. Usually pretty energetic with low enemy counts compared to rest of wad with
somewhat easier gameplay.

Indoor/Outdoor TechBase

Start from the opposite side of the base and player must fight through the Techbase to reach the city. Goes to map 2.

2.Buildup Level  (Not Claimed)

This level is to amp up the action a bit from the previous map. It is slightly touger than the previous map, but not too tough. Use what was learned
on previous map and build from there.

Starts near the techbase. Player must fight through the infested streets and buildings of the city to some ruins. Goes to map 3.

3. Calm Before the Storm (Not Claimed)

Either a chill map or a puzzle map, so fights are generally easier than the second map, but are really fun. This is an introduction to the kind of puzzles
that the player will be seeing on map 5 and Map 7.
This a break map.
This map will be Egyptian or Demonic Ruins.Goes to Map 4 and Map 6.

Kinda baby the player at the beginning of the map on how to do the puzzles but build to somewhat more difficult.

Something Chill with a synth strings, Orchestral Harp, ect. with any variation to accompony it.

4. Buildup Storm (Claimed by Darmak)

Another buildup, gathering what the player learned from the previous two maps. It should be a slight difficulty spike in ratio of what the rest of the wad
will build to. Starting to get up to someone who plays on their preffered difficulty often (Mainly focusing on Hurt Me Plenty to Nightmare). This means
that there will be fun fights that are tailored for someone of that skill level to help them progress upward as a player. Try to refrain from grindy, but still
have the fights be difficult.

This map will be environments with both a Cave and Ruin (Whichever from previous) texture base to show you are going deeper underground. Goes to Map 5.

5. Accumulation (Not Claimed)

This map is for everything they have learned about the map and also serve as a somewhat of a powertrip after the hard fight of the previous map. Make this
challenging but extremely fun just blasting the hell out groups.

6. (Secret Level) (claimed by Akolai)

Big Boy Map. Go somewhat slaughter mappish with this one. Use what they player has experienced before and go harder on that in fights. Try to avoid
grindy situations if possible unless it is necessary for your map to need it for effect. Soft cap of enemies around 800. This level is for people like Decino's
level.

Looks as though you've stumbled into hell itself, Guess before you go back and clear everything on earth, you're going to be taking of the source as well.
Lava Rivers and falls. it's going to be one hell of a fight. Goes to Map 7.

7. (Secret Level) (Not Claimed)

Extreme Puzzle Map.

Fights will be more in range of map 3, but slightly more difficult. with fewer enemies but go very hard the puzzle
elements of Map 3

Complete Ruins level. No hellish infestation. This map is for a break after the ridiculous level previously. Goes to Map 4.

Edited by Bloo

Made an edit for source port and texture pack

Edited by Bloo

you don't need to make updates about the post in the replies it only really annoys people when it bumps up the post

Sadly, without at least one map to get people going, I don't see this going anywhere. I give you a lot of credit for having a clear layout and plan though. Maybe I can do something for this, but mapping isn't really my primary skill.

9 hours ago, TheMagicMushroomMan said:

Sadly, without at least one map to get people going, I don't see this going anywhere. I give you a lot of credit for having a clear layout and plan though. Maybe I can do something for this, but mapping isn't really my primary skill.

Yeah I had a feeling that's how it was going to go. I'm a midi composer and was going to make an album out of this. Still working on some of the details as well.

If you want, you can claim a slot. I just wanted to make something for fun and for practice anyways. Plus I was thinking it would be easier making a miniwad instead of a megawad.

I will also start composing to help give map makers an idea as well.

Slaughtery secret map seems fun, I'll see what I can whip up. Expect some psychotic shit.

2 hours ago, akolai said:

Slaughtery secret map seems fun, I'll see what I can whip up. Expect some psychotic shit.

All right, I will lock you in on map 6

You know what? I'm gonna attempt map 1 of the mapset myself to see if that helps get members on board

I don't have the time right now but if the project's still open for submissions in a months time or so I might make something for it.

I like the idea, I'm a big fan of making maps but I never worked with other people so I would like to work in the project, I choose map 4. If you have map 1 send it to me because with it I can see the style and some important textures like doortrack texture or lifts textures. Also if you have the midi of the level send it too, to listen it while I'm making the map and get the ambience of it.

On 5/9/2021 at 3:07 AM, Darmak said:

I like the idea, I'm a big fan of making maps but I never worked with other people so I would like to work in the project, I choose map 4. If you have map 1 send it to me because with it I can see the style and some important textures like doortrack texture or lifts textures. Also if you have the midi of the level send it too, to listen it while I'm making the map and get the ambience of it.

you got it, plus I'm updating this post to have indefinite time to work on maps because I kinda got involved some other projects for a minute there. So anyone who wants to work on a map, they can claim a map and work on it with as much time as needed.

I will begin working on midis either this weekend or the beginning of next week.

1 hour ago, Bloo said:

you got it, plus I'm updating this post to have indefinite time to work on maps because I kinda got involved some other projects for a minute there. So anyone who wants to work on a map, they can claim a map and work on it with as much time as needed.

I will begin working on midis either this weekend or the beginning of next week.

Yay! Today I will start and when you have the midi or the first map send it to me for knowing the style and for inspiration, if I have any doubts I'll ask you.