Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Doomkid

RAY MOHAWK 2: - ALMOST Done....! [Ver 2Q, Oct. 20th]

Thanks for the feedback @Azure_Horror, glad to hear you enjoyed the map! I agree with just about every point you made regarding the final fight (and it actually crossed my mind before release). I think that's the one encounter still intact from my "combat" pass of the map, rd really did an incredible job re-working the rest of it into something super fun and exciting.

Posted (edited)
Spoiler

image.png.5b70f75c426665f9600a3117edf52d2c.png

Nearly finished the map! Just need to finish a few things and playtest!

Edit: NOOO! Turns out my map causes a savegame buffer >:o

Edited by IggySqiggles

Hey @Doomkid, so due to school (summer intensives for my major) and life stuff right now, I don't think I'm going to be able to finish my level in time, I'm really sorry. Feel free to open up my map slot in the meantime. Maybe I'll finish it one day as a bonus map.

Hey everyone, I’m sorry for being quiet these last few days - I actually have a beta with all the current maps compiled, I just need to post it once I’m home later.

OpenRift, no worries about dropping out - I understand. @UberGewei has asked me a while ago if he can join, so I’ll give your spot to him. @NeedHealth, I have a feeling I’ll be needing a map from you, as it’s well past the deadline with no word from @Hitboi or @Bobby “lolmcswagger” so if they don’t get to me in the next day or so I’ll free their slots up, and you can have one.

ive got thoughts on the recent submissions too, just gotta take the time to outline them!

On 6/14/2021 at 3:29 PM, IggySqiggles said:

Edit: NOOO! Turns out my map causes a savegame buffer >:o

I meant to mention this earlier: Don't worry about crossing the savegame buffer! It's absurdly low.

Quick update! I’ve gone back to my old map and it is now currently completable (With some parts not being finished yet), Can’t wait to show you what I’ve done! :D

I guess the other participant was no show and the time is up for them, so i started working on this:

1377426125_MAP01.wad(MAP01)-UltimateDoomBuilderR3274(64-bit)2021-06-1806_21_04.png.df6a10f0b634b32625fb1e99b5da2261.png

I wanted to give you all a quick update on my thusfar unnamed MAP18. The past two weeks have seen slow but steady progress whilst I had to prioritize other projects. I'm happy that the areas of the map that still need work are now almost less in number than the finished ones.

I am sometimes a bit hampered in mapping for this project by having difficulty figuring out the balance. I feel that there is a serious 'throwing everything but the kitchen sink at the player' danger for a map slot this late in the wad with these weapons. I'm trying very hard to avoid that pitfall :). 

Stay classy, Doomers!

Screenshot_Doom_20210605_101137.png

Can you estimate when this summer wad will be finished?

6 hours ago, game said:

Can you estimate when this summer wad will be finished?

I may miss the middle of summer for the northern hemisphere - I'm thinking two months roughly between now and release.

2 hours ago, NeedHealth said:

1024946662_MAP01.wad(MAP01)-UltimateDoomBuilderR3274(64-bit)2021-06-1912_59_07.png.f608666875177b9fb200690c48e7e569.png

Good progress!

Posted (edited)

Sorry for taking so long, I ended up scrapping 2 separate versions of the map. This one's a short, fun romp on an island.

The music is "Bubbly Washing Machine" from Super monkey Ball 2

chocolate island.zip

image.png.e28be9628537deda9dc923403991c592.png

Edited by Egg Boy : renamed the wad after realizing this is not a peninsula :p

Made some small updates to Mall Rats

• Added 2 switches to the yellow key arena to slow down key grab
  • added missing textures
  • changed the door into the yellow key area to prevent any post yellow key cheese

Ill take a map if any are open

Posted (edited)
On 6/25/2021 at 9:11 AM, Egg Boy said:

Sorry for taking so long, I ended up scrapping 2 separate versions of the map. This one's a short, fun romp on an island.

The music is "Bubbly Washing Machine" from Super monkey Ball 2

chocolate island.zip

12 hours ago, DFF said:

Made some small updates to Mall Rats

Thank you both very much! Gonna be posting the latest beta which implements both of these maps shortly, as well as the Arch-Vile attack fix found by Scypek.

7 hours ago, MikeyScoots said:

Id like to take Map05 please

Sure MikeyScoots, glad you have you on board!

5 hours ago, nue said:

Ill take a map if any are open

There aren't any slots left - but we have had a few people drop out of the project, so if you do want to make something, worst case scenario we end up with 21 maps and can implement yours as a secret map. If other words, if you feel like putting the effort to make a map in, your effort will not go to waste!

EDIT: Just posting this as a reminder, but map slots are likely to change prior to release anyway - they're gonna be (kinda-sorta) arranged by difficulty. Just a little something to keep in mind.

lol, yeah, I had to drop the people who didn't get back to me 2 weeks after the deadline off the roster, sorry about that - if you do want to make a map, as long as most of the project participants approve of it, it could maybe be snuck in as a super secret map following after Nue's hypothetical map.

If you're still interested and that sounds acceptable, have at it by all means!

Alrighty, here's the latest beta - As far as I'm aware, these are the latest versions of all the submissions:

https://doomshack.org/uploads/mohawk2i.zip

I'm very, very pleased with the state of things. Every submission so far is a joy to play!

Here's the current maplist, just as a reminder:

Map01 by me (submitted)
Map02 by Voltcom (submitted)
Map03 by Cheesewheel (submitted)
Map04 by Moustachio (submitted)
Map05 by MikeyScoots
Map06 by Walter Confetti (submitted)
Map07 by UberGewei

Map08 by SilverMiner (submitted)
Map09 by Egg Boy (submitted)
Map10 by NeedHealth
Map11 by Gokuma (submitted)
Map12 by me (submitted)
Map13 by Noiser

Map14 by sluggard (submitted)
Map15 by IggySqiggles
Map16 by RonnieJamesDiner & rd (submitted)
Map17 by Aurelius & rd (submitted)
Map18 by Peccatum Mihzamiz (submitted)
Map19 by DFF (submitted)
Map20d by Scypek2 (submitted)

All notes and feedback are of course welcomed with open arms.

Posted (edited)

Mapping progress:

image.png.e47d09b278e6252379752b4856389ecc.png

image.png.4e8ff95508846561cbcd3065db4ec770.png

I finished my map already. I'm just improving balance at this point.

Posted (edited)

I don't know if it's just me, or if the demo is like that, but I think that the demo file desyncs, you die at the shotgunner area, here, look at the progress bar

1725062772_Capturadepantallade2021-06-2916-29-24.png.2ef8a7cd65d82bbe5a6a8e924102ff3f.png

It happens in Chocolate Doom and DSDA-Doom

1 hour ago, Lol 6 said:

I don't know if it's just me, or if the demo is like that, but I think that the demo file desyncs

My guess is that Doomkid won't record new demos for each beta version, so it's to be expected that they desync like that until the very final release.

Posted (edited)

Here it is, I think it's good for now:

Title: Pier Pressure
Map slot: 15
Music track: " Rave Dancetune" from Cool Spot (MIDI version by Tobias Norlén, extended mix by me)
Difficulty settings: Yes
Tested with: Chocolate Doom
Known bugs: A few drawseg HOMs that I will fix later. Sprite flickering may occur, but doesn't detract from gameplay. I tested this map on Chocolate to ensure that it will not compromise the fun.

[[ATTENTION]]
I HIGHLY recommend playing this map on a faithful vanilla port like Crispy, Chocolate or DSDA (cl2) otherwise you may lose some neat visual effects. ;-)

(Map will not work as intended on GZDoom or Doom retro)
yo yo yo.

image.png.63d3d6ba647dd0993a2db8289431d97f.png

More screenshots:

Spoiler

image.png.209703de03fd9f3dab937e5bd548e449.png

image.png.4c59f651de0db1496ba9a07438fe6b75.png

image.png.53d723bb317f6f391bdcd8a2d4d59ccb.png

I would appreciate any kind of feedback. I tested this map alone, which is why it took so long to post. Now that's finished I think I can contribute playing and testing the other maps as well, so If you want me to test your stuff let me know.

Edited by Noiser

Oh wow, that looks freaking awesome, Noiser! I’m gonna give that a blast through once I get home, looking forward to it.

I’ve made some decent progress on map12, I’d say it’s 80% done now and Peccatum Mihzamiz showed me some great progress as well, so think a new beta build will be warranted within the day!