Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
TastyWheat

Dolby Digital in DOOM III

Just got my hands on a Sound Blaster Audigy DE, and I was just wondering if I should have any problems with this when DOOM III hits next year. Should this card suffice for the game?

this card is in every way sufficent for doom3. buy some 5.1 speakers and you'll experience doom3 in finest surround sound. don't know if d3 uses DTS but it's surely 5.1 surround sound.
there's no need to buy an audigy2 if you just want hear 5.1 sound. even the sblive 5.1 editions are sufficient for doom3 surround sound.

Although don't expect some sort of surreal sense of 3D realism. Like has been said before, such extra-speaker setup rarely results in more than a sense of fillage.

?? ever watched starwars:attack of the clones with a good 5.1 speaker/subwoofer, then you'd know there are difference ;)

also i got a question:
i have a 5.1 (or 7.1 whatdoyouknow)sound card, which i use to transport the ac3 signal(5.1) from my pc to my home cinema receiver (via spdif/coaxial). works fine with dvd or movie files(ac3), using powerdivx/odio moonlight decoder.
now to the question: will doom3(or other 5.1 capable games) be able to pass their 5.1 sound via spdif out to my external receiver or is this impossible???

This thread is too old to be replied to - don't bumb old threads please.