Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Arno

Monster Bash HD

Update Oct 29, 2021: the game is available now on Steam and GOG! Achievements, online leaderboards and a built-in level editor are included.

Original post:

Monster Bash HD is going to be a remaster of the horror-themed platform game Monster Bash. This game was originally released for DOS in 1993. It featured Johnny Dash, whose pet dog Tex was captured by the game's main villain, Count Chuck.

The remaster is being developed by the indie developer Emberheart Games and will be published by Apogee.

Announcement on Twitter

I really liked Crystal Caves HD, the previous EGA platformer that was remastered by Emberheart Games. So I'm looking forward to this one!

2h5DH4sl.png

oqKYh5tl.png

Edited by Arno : Game is available as of today

I guess it's nice that they're doing this, but somehow I've never been a Monster Bash fan -- I know this game from Apogee catalogues but never bothered to play it.

Interesting how the new palette's colours here feel similar to those in the Crystal Caves remake that was announced earlier.

I updated the first post, since as of today the game is available on Steam and GOG.

Achievements, online leaderboards and a built-in level editor are included.

I just got the remaster. Monster Bash is one of my favorite DOS games (I own the retail jewel case release by FormGen). I played through the first 2 levels and I like the updates so far. There is now a level select feature which keeps records of which challenges you have completed (for example, collecting all items). In the DOS version you had to rely on manual saves.

Edited by TheUltimateDoomer666