Jump to content
Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Da_maniaC

Slaughterwads - Anything we've missed?

Recommended Posts

Fractured worlds

Haste

Enigmatic (Shameless self promotion) Will be easier than almost everything on the list.

Lightpath

Everything by Ribbiks although they are more puzzle oriented in some cases.

 

Also, have you really gone through every Timothy Brown map? If so, that’s fairly impressive.

 

Share this post


Link to post

Hi, thanks for the recopilation... ;-) !!

 

My first map is a slaughterwad, and although there are certain areas with many enemies it is not the typical small map with all the enemies together like NUTS2 this is a very large map (with only 5000 enemies :-D ) !

 

It is prepared to play in coop i've played it last week with 2 friends.

 

If you want to give it a try, here it is.

 

https://hakros.itch.io/hakros-complex

 

 

Edited by hakros

Share this post


Link to post
18 hours ago, Jacek Bourne said:

Fractured worlds

Haste

Enigmatic (Shameless self promotion) Will be easier than almost everything on the list.

Lightpath

Everything by Ribbiks although they are more puzzle oriented in some cases.

 

Also, have you really gone through every Timothy Brown map? If so, that’s fairly impressive.

 

15 hours ago, hakros said:

[... Hakros Complex...]

 

 

 

Thanks! I will check out new additions and add them to the OP.

 

Is there a listing of all those Timothy Brown maps? Doesnt really ring a bell for me (sorry).

Share this post


Link to post
7 hours ago, Da_maniaC said:

 

Thanks! I will check out new additions and add them to the OP.

 

Is there a listing of all those Timothy Brown maps? Doesnt really ring a bell for me (sorry).

 

Well, don't expect my map to be so cool as the other maps, but I think it may be enjoyable... ;-) !

Share this post


Link to post

Down The Drain may count as slaughter-ish for some players.
The maps are really good, even for being under vanilla limitations.
 

 

Share this post


Link to post
On 10/27/2021 at 10:51 PM, hakros said:

Hi, thanks for the recopilation... ;-) !!

Hakros Complex

https://hakros.itch.io/hakros-complex

 

 

This map could be quite a puzzle at times, but it definitely gets slaughterish the more you progress. I must admit i got a little bit lost at times..did not like the 'labyrinth' that much (but then again, i'm really not one for complicated puzzles). Playthrough with a weapons mod, took me around 2h:45m.

I liked some of the ways that areas were connected, the way the different areas were announced and the hub/mainframe was also cool. 😊

For a single map it gives you good value! 😋

 

 

On 10/28/2021 at 9:59 PM, P41R47 said:

Down The Drain may count as slaughter-ish for some players.
The maps are really good, even for being under vanilla limitations.
 

 

I played about 4 maps of this wad and skipped through almost all of the others to check out if this would get 'slaughterish'. 
But to stay in Vanilla terms, this megawad isnt even close to other Boom compatible wads like Hell Revealed or so.

Thanks for the input though, but in my honest opinion this could not even pass for 'slaughter-lite'. 😊

Edited by Da_maniaC

Share this post


Link to post
1 hour ago, Da_maniaC said:

Boom compatible wads like Hell Revealed

both Hell Revealed are vanilla compatible.

Not Boom.

Yep, thats why i say it may count as slaugter-ish for some players.
As it was made by the same mapper of Toilest of the Gods, and since much of the gameplay in there is found also on this vanilla mapset, well, i thought it would be appropiate to call this slaughter, too.
I was corrected twice by now about it nature, but i can't still find much difference.
:/

Share this post


Link to post
2 hours ago, Da_maniaC said:

 

This map could be quite a puzzle at times, but it definitely gets slaughterish the more you progress. I must admit i got a little bit lost at times..did not like the 'labyrinth that much (but then again, im really not one for complicated puzzles. Playthrough with a weapons mod, took me around 2h:45m.

I liked some of the ways that areas were connected, the way the different areas were announced and the hub/mainframe was also cool. 😊

For a single map it gives you good value! 😋

 

 

Hi again, thanks so much for playing it. I'm glad you liked it :-D !!

Share this post


Link to post
11 hours ago, P41R47 said:

both Hell Revealed are vanilla compatible.

Not Boom.

Yep, thats why i say it may count as slaugter-ish for some players.
As it was made by the same mapper of Toilest of the Gods, and since much of the gameplay in there is found also on this vanilla mapset, well, i thought it would be appropiate to call this slaughter, too.
I was corrected twice by now about it nature, but i can't still find much difference.
:/

 

Thats what i meant to say. My bad.

Share this post


Link to post
On 10/27/2021 at 8:41 PM, Jacek Bourne said:

Fractured worlds

Haste

Enigmatic (Shameless self promotion) Will be easier than almost everything on the list.

Lightpath

Everything by Ribbiks although they are more puzzle oriented in some cases.

 

Also, have you really gone through every Timothy Brown map? If so, that’s fairly impressive.

 

 

Checking out these at the moment (sorry it took a while hehe).
The first 2 are definitely micro/puzzle slaughter (dare i say 'hard' maps instead of 'slaughter').

Share this post


Link to post

Urban Slaughter (2010): I like this one for it's simplicity. You're thrown in a relatively small city map where you must fight several waves of monsters. You can even call Marine reinforcements with a radio. Most of you ammo comes from your fellow dead Marines. Urban Slaughter has a few custom weapons and works in Coop too: 

 

 

Edited by CrocMagnum : It's Urban Slaughter not Urban Assault (Apology).

Share this post


Link to post
17 hours ago, Da_maniaC said:

 

Checking out these at the moment (sorry it took a while hehe).
The first 2 are definitely micro/puzzle slaughter (dare i say 'hard' maps instead of 'slaughter').

 

Slaughter is a subjective term in doom so there is no real definition. There are different types of slaughtermaps however and that would certainly be a category of them.

Share this post


Link to post

I made a umapinfo example test wad (to test my implementation on for ReBOOM).  I guess it can be defined as a 'slaughter' map..  not a very good one though :D

 

 

Share this post


Link to post

Just a heads-up that Fractured Worlds is getting full multiplayer support for final release, so might want to hold off before playing it if you haven't already :)

Share this post


Link to post
On 11/13/2021 at 8:07 PM, BetelgeuseSupergiant said:

It seems like this is the only one that was not named here from those that i know

No its in there... 😉 (more on the bottom of the list)

 

On 11/13/2021 at 2:34 PM, CrocMagnum said:

Urban Slaughter (2010): I like this one for it's simplicity. You're thrown in a relatively small city map where you must fight several waves of monsters. You can even call Marine reinforcements with a radio. Most of you ammo comes from your fellow dead Marines. Urban Slaughter has a few custom weapons and works in Coop too: 

 

 

Download link isnt working for me, for some reason...

Share this post


Link to post
On 11/15/2021 at 11:27 PM, KineticBeverage said:

Alpha-Major

 

I made this map as a spiritual successor to Dimensions Map03, so if you liked Dimensions Map03 you may wanna see a bigger and golder version of it. Was made for single player, don't think coop is possible.

 

Cool, will check it out!

Share this post


Link to post

Fruit Salad (6 Maps): great introduction to the slaughter genre. Direct link: 

https://www.doomworld.com/applications/core/interface/file/attachment.php?id=45031 

 

Phmlspd: https://www.wad-archive.com/wad/Phmlspd  

 

SlaughterMAX: https://www.doomworld.com/idgames/levels/doom2/Ports/megawads/smax  

 

Slaughter Until Death (by The Innocent Crew): https://www.doomworld.com/idgames/levels/doom/s-u/sudtic  

 

Stardate 20X6: https://www.doomworld.com/idgames/levels/doom2/Ports/s-u/stardate  

 

The Evil Unleashed (also by The Innocent Crew): https://www.doomworld.com/idgames/levels/doom/s-u/teutic

 

Edited by CrocMagnum

Share this post


Link to post
28 minutes ago, Andromeda said:

These are not slaughter.

Noted. I've edited my post. 

 

To my defense before posting this I skimmed through my wad collection and took some notes. Those 2 wads were in my slaughter folder for some reason. I wrongly put "Slaughter Until Death" there probably because it has the word "Slaughter" in it.^^ For Evil Unleashed probably because it was made by the same authors who did Slaughter Until Death. 

 

My mistake anyway, apology. ^^

Share this post


Link to post

Damn you beat Sunder playing co-op with someone? How do you guys remain cordial through attempt #396556. Like Romeo and Juliet would have broken up halfway through Sunder.

Share this post


Link to post
13 minutes ago, Kute said:

Damn you beat Sunder playing co-op with someone? How do you guys remain cordial through attempt #396556. Like Romeo and Juliet would have broken up halfway through Sunder.


I’m doing all the new maps with saves except for midsaves if you’d like to watch. It’s on my YouTube channel although only 15 is up right now. 
Arby’s has also done all of sunder with saves.

Share this post


Link to post
23 hours ago, Kute said:

Damn you beat Sunder playing co-op with someone? How do you guys remain cordial through attempt #396556. Like Romeo and Juliet would have broken up halfway through Sunder.

 

To be fair, we just love the 'against all odds' feeling when there are ~5000 demons coming at you. Nothing beats that thrill... 😊

And having that said, a lot of the later levels in Sunder contain a lot of arenas where monsters just keep dripfeeding in (which is what i really hate personally). I just like it when its quiet for 1 second and all of a sudden 4 hallways (or monster closets) open up with hundreds of demons pouring in at once.


But to keep things "playable" and not take 4 hours to beat a single map we do use weapons mods usually.
There's just something about beating endless hordes of demons to unwind after a long week of hard work. 😈

And there's no other (multiplayer) game that even comes remotely close or pulls off having so much demons/actors on screen at the same time and still have a good gaming experience.

Edited by Da_maniaC

Share this post


Link to post

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

×