Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Mechadon

What are you listening to?

Not really my kind of stuff, but I'll always remember this song from the time I was binge watching Underground 2 gameplay videos. Sometimes I still can't believe it's been 14-15yrs since the Underground games.

Spoiler

Silent screams of suffering,
I stand in flames of torturing,
Goddess of Flesh, Hunger and Desire,
Grant me wings of hellish fire!
Know that all my creations spring,
From blood on the cross in blasphemy,
I am Death, the Creator of Sin,
And of the pure, I am the wind.

On 1/9/2018 at 6:06 AM, Agent6 said:

@varth Agreed, Asphyx is awesome and I love most of their albums, easily one of my favorite bands, and they were also a very visible influence of the now split up band Hail of Bullets (just compare Death, The Brutal Way with anything HoB has released). However, I don't find myself listening to them all that much, instead playing albums from bands such as Carbonized, Centinex, Disma, Demonical, Funebrarum, Dead Congregation, Slugathor, Krabathor, and so on.

I highly regard Disma (seeing them live this year!), Dead Congregation, Funebrarum, I have a record and CD from Carbonized and Centinex and think they're good, I have never heard Demonical, I am familiar with Krabathor and Slugathor (really like Desecresy as well) but I have no albums by them/haven't gotten around to them yet. So I am sure you're familiar with the awesomeness of Finnish death metal, the awesome early 90s stuff and they're still producing great bands to this day, so here's a Demigod song, I was lucky to see them live in 2011 in San Antonio Texas.

@varth Demigod is life, As I Behold I Despise is my favorite track 👊.

From the finnish scene I missed Purtenance though. Damn if Member of Immortal Damnation doesn't sound otherwordly, and are also among the few bands that are still slaying after reforming, another one would be Morgoth, unlike other acts such as Morta Skuld (shit, just... what happened on the new album...).

Well if you haven't heard of Demonical (both surprising and odd honestly, since you know Centinex and they share members) they're well worth your time, great quality. Talking about Slugathor, I used to miss them a lot but lately I've come to see Desecresy as pretty much its natural evolution.

@PizzaGuy If only he wouldn't change the vocal style he had in the early days, including his time with Monstrosity (see Imperial Doom). I just find the new and current style lame, and are the main reason I rarely ever listen CC these days, there's just better vocal styles in death metal (see Demigod, God Macabre, Malevolent Creation, Purtenance (both old and new, ...to Spread the Flame of Ancients slays), Aeon, Sulphur Aeon, Disma and Funebrarum in particular, Craig and Daryl are fucking monstrous, Adramelech, Benediction (both old and new), Brutality, Betrayer, Bolt Thrower, Disincarnate, Evocation, Demonical, Entrails, Blood, Excruciate, Golem, Timeghoul, and so on, that's just to name a couple of my favorites). I'm not saying that he's weak, I just wish he'd use his old style more (judging after some videos I've managed to run into a few months ago, he still uses that style, but on rare occasions nowadays).

1 hour ago, TheEndOfUs said:

The Soft Moon, "Far"

Whoah, I loved that! The music and video had such an '80s feel, somewhat in the vein of Depeche Mode, that I wondered how the hell I missed hearing them back then. I would have loved it just as much back in the day. And then I come to find out it was released in 2015. Oh, they really fooled me with that Firebird! :D

Thanks for introducing me to the work of Luis Vasquez. Meanwhile, speaking of Depeche Mode . . .