Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Mechadon

What are you listening to?

I'll be listening to the entire Three Days Grace album "Outsider", as it's their latest and I'm seeing them this weekend. I was surprised to see they've had a new singer for five years and have beaten Van Halen for most consecutive years of chart topping.

EDIT: They're a bit more refined than they used to be, adding in some electronic elements and with a singer that hits higher notes and sounds less gravelly, but they're recognisably themselves still. Should be a good show and I'm glad I got the album.

Edited by Phobus

Incredible stuff by two of the Netherlands' finest. On repeat since its release last Friday.

How often do you see the drummer singing lead vocals. I was at the concert following this one in 87. I still have my ticket stub sitting on my desk amongst a bunch of stuff. Only $17.25 at the time. Ah the good olde days.

5 hours ago, Doom_Dude said:

How often do you see the drummer singing lead vocals. I was at the concert following this one in 87. I still have my ticket stub sitting on my desk amongst a bunch of stuff. Only $17.25 at the time. Ah the good olde days.

I immediately think of Phil Collins, the drummer for Genesis who became their lead singer. Still, this make only 2 examples that I know of, so not very often.

29 minutes ago, Empyre said:

I immediately think of Phil Collins, the drummer for Genesis who became their lead singer. Still, this make only 2 examples that I know of, so not very often.

There are alot, just not as much known ones.

14 hours ago, FrenchGuy said:

Video for Arven - Music of Light Full Album

I'm listening to this right now. I had never heard of them before, but I wish I had. I am loving what I am hearing. I often like the instruments in metal music but not the vocals, but I like this. I have heard people say that women's voices don't fit metal music. This is a counterexample.

Siberian Meat Grinder, live in Paris, performing Fire In The Heart with some nicely recorded sound. Oh, hell yeah!