Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Mechadon

What are you listening to?

I don't listen to music all that often except when I'm in my car. I probably should, but it's hard to find time to just sit and listen to music; the only time I really do that is when I'm drawing or painting. That being said, I just put a new set of six cd's in my vehicle a few days ago.

1. Deadbolt : Voodoo Trucker

2. David Bowie: The Man Who Sold the World

3. Radiohead: Kid A

4. Bauhaus: The Sky's Gone Out

5. Beastie Boys: License to Ill

6. Asp: Duette

I love all of them, and I'll probably end up listening to them for a few months.

2 hours ago, Rince-wind said:

Alright, you get kudos for Dead Kennedys. In fact one of the CDs I took out of my vehicle before changing things up was a combination cd of Fresh Fruit for Rotting Vegetables and Plastic Surgery Disasters.

Although I still think Frankenchrist is my favorite DK album, which seems to be an unpopular opinion. Most people don't like the fact the songs are longer, and less catchy. I personally liked the fact that they showed they could do more than 2:00 minute songs and keep it interesting.

@Jello

"Imagine Ed Sheeran writing a song about attacking golfers with mustard gas..."

-TONE 007

By the way, is your username a reference to Jello Biafra?

43 minutes ago, Rince-wind said:

By the way, is your username a reference to Jello Biafra?

Yes, yes it is. And every time you see someone using that crooked DK avatar on Doomworld you can thank me. I swear it was perfectly straight when I made it in MSPaint, but for some reason it turned out crooked when I uploaded it here. Oh well, still makes me smile when I see someone using it.

Katherine Dobbs is a talented drummer who does a phenomenal, beat-by-beat replication for the Ball of Confusion soundtrack.

Picking up a guitar piece note-for-note is (generally) a piece of cake - I've done it myself on many occasions. The same for a piano or keyboard piece. But picking up a beat-for-beat drum piece that is 4 minutes long is something else.

@Doom_Dude: Child in Time used to be one of my all-time favorite songs. I even picked up Jon Lord's keyboard intro piece, note-for-note. And Ian Gillan's vocals are chill-inducing.