Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Mechadon

What are you listening to?

I felt like listening to The Murder City Devils tonight, particularly their album "In Name and Blood". Right now I'm on Demon Brother. If you're into older rock and or punk, they should fit right up your alley. I have quite a few memories attached to them, so I might be more sentimental about them, but they're worth a listen.

Can't You Hear Me Knocking

This time it's a live version, still with Bobby Keys on sax, but with Ronnie Wood taking the guitar part from Mick Taylor (who was on the studio version). Wood does a pretty decent job, as he's a good guitarist.

Mick Jagger's mouth harp was unnecessary, however.

Charlie Watts, as always, remains unflappable and steady. That's the definition of a rock.

Gimme Shelter

Another live performance by the Rolling Stones.

The studio album featured the stunning and chilling backup vocals of Merry Clayton, but this live version has the equally fabulous voice of Lisa Fischer. Tell me you don't hear the Devil in the distance. I dare you.

[Ron Wood's under-stated guitar licks in the background are pure gold. Of course, Keith Richards does a great job on the lead guitar pieces on the song he composed.]

Been grinding for a full game speedrun of Doom 2 (nearing 800 attempts), getting a bit tired of map 2-4's music so started listening to some medley's so I don't gotta loop em often

Well, I'm currently on "This Could be Anywhere".

Frankenchrist is still my favorite Dead Kennedys album, my brother, who introduced me to them, doesn't know why. I think it's their most musically competent album, as well as their most socially/politically aware album without it overwhelming the music. Which I think they really went over that berm with Bedtime for Democracy. I love Fresh Fruit for Rotting Vegetables, and Plastic Surgery Disasters, but I really think they hit their peak with Frankenchrist. Most people disagree with me. But when I feel like listening to the Dead Kennedys, this is the album I play. If anyone is interested.

Chicken Farm is still just as haunting as the first time I listened to it.

Edited by Jello