Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Mechadon

What are you listening to?

Podarces & various artists, Frozen Journeys, Entering the cave.

eg0_214a.jpg?w=300&h=300

The first half is electronic and ambient music. The second half is remixed by Eg0cide friends.

Edited by ducon

14 minutes ago, Rudolph said:

@MrFroz The video in your previous post appears to not be working.

It's "Brutal Planet" from the Official Alice Cooper channel. Don't know why it might not appear, maybe its blocked for your country?

Here's a song from Marilyn Manson back when his voice still sounded enjoyable for me:

This is a song that always has an effect on me, no matter how many times I've listened to it:

5 hours ago, MrFroz said:

This is a song that always has an effect on me, no matter how many times I've listened to it:

This is my favorite song of all time. I'm super glad they've started playing this one live. If I ever catch it live, I will cry like a baby.

So I listened to both Symbols and Angst. Not bad, but overall, I cannot say I particularly liked those albums nor do I feel like listening to them again.

15 minutes ago, TJG1289 said:

This is my favorite song of all time. I'm super glad they've started playing this one live. If I ever catch it live, I will cry like a baby.

Didn't know about live versions of this song. I'm going to check that out.

I always thought it was funny that someone did a level for Quake named after the song. I recall Doom mapping to this track.

1 minute ago, MrFroz said:

Didn't know about live versions of this song. I'm going to check that out.

Yeah, I believe they debuted it live in 2018 and played it like 4 times on that tour. This year, they've played it at about half their shows.

13 hours ago, MrFroz said:

I really disliked Corgan's whine growing up in the 90's, but I find myself coming back to the Pumpkins so much. Plus the dude resurrected the NWA, so I think he's just plain rad these days.

Nina Kardec, NEMA, Thyia.

eg0_216a.jpg?w=293&h=300

Dark ambient.

Simonetta Parisi, In Fine.

eg0_217a.jpg?w=300&h=300

Improvisation on a piano.

Nicolas Tourney, Enter the Word, AGMAL.

enter-the-word-cover.jpg?w=300&h=300

Electronics with samples of voices.

Failure Circle, Symphony #9, Symphony #5.

eg0_219a.jpg?w=300&h=300

Symphonies of larsens, noises and kids playing flutes.

Edited by ducon

18 hours ago, Daytime Waitress said:

I really disliked Corgan's whine growing up in the 90's, but I find myself coming back to the Pumpkins so much. Plus the dude resurrected the NWA, so I think he's just plain rad these days.

I got into The Smashing Pumpkins way later than I could have. Like I knew of the band's existence for at least 10 years before actually sitting down to listen to a small selection of tracks by them. I was a Marilyn Manson fan back in 2009 and I was aware that for example both bands played together once. I also used to like My Chemical Romance a lot and was aware of the comparisons between Gerard Way and Billy Corgan due to their physical resemblance, and how Gerard Way admitted that Pumpkins were a huge influence for his band. Then there was also Nirvana which I still like and the story about how Courtney Love dated Billy once...I definitely heard about the Pumpkins a lot before I actually listened to any album by them. And its one thing that I regret very much, because I ended up liking them a lot.

The Deftones lead singer likes only Siamese Dream because of the way Butch Vig produced Billy's voice there, it sounded soothing for him unlike the other albums. I agree with him on Butch Vig's production, although I do love Mellon Collie.

uni.Sol_, Stephen Bradley, Blurmoon, Fra Mauro.

eg0_220a.jpg?w=549&h=561

Four tracks (Fra Mauro is the first one) meant to have been composed at the same time. Should they be mixed to be played simultaneously?

Edited by ducon