Jump to content
Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Sign in to follow this  
Tormentor667

No LenseFlares and Dynamic Lightning

Recommended Posts

I have the latest ZDoomGL but "No LenseFlares and Dynamic Lightning" :( I also can't find a menu where to configure the settings for this like in JDoom :(

Share this post


Link to post
Tormentor667 said:

I have the latest ZDoomGL but "No LenseFlares and Dynamic Lightning" :( I also can't find a menu where to configure the settings for this like in JDoom :(

That's cause the latest ZDoomGL isn't finished, you'll just have to wait like the rest of us :)

Share this post


Link to post

Although lens flare can be pretty, it is also silly in most games because the player isn't supposed to be wearing anything over his/her eyes that would cause a lense flare effect. Of course, the Doom guy has a visor (at least in the Doom1 title and the player sprite) that could just about cause that kind of effect so, flare away. :-) (just no so big that it gets in the way please)

Share this post


Link to post
Enjay said:

Although lens flare can be pretty, it is also silly in most games because the player isn't supposed to be wearing anything over his/her eyes that would cause a lense flare effect.

Don't forget Gordon Freeman's glasses! :)

Share this post


Link to post
NiGHTMARE said:

Don't forget Gordon Freeman's glasses! :)

Yeah, but Half-Life does not have any lensflare effects, does it? :)

Share this post


Link to post
boris said:

Yeah, but Half-Life does not have any lensflare effects, does it? :)


Heh, then I guess Mr Freeman is a dab hand with the old lens cloth. :-)

Share this post


Link to post

Lens flare effects look cool when used properly. Serious Sam is a great example.

Share this post


Link to post

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  
×