Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Dubbag

"Half-Moon Part 1 and 2 " Beta Release Testing Thread

I know it's not perfect but I did the best I could do for you all considering the circumstances that were thrown at me last minute lol. I didn't want to let anyone down.

The textures aren't working because the patch table is assigning textures to different names in the original graphics wad, but seemingly isn't when combined. To fix this, you either have to do it by hand, by just renaming the textures to what they would be, or find a better solution. Maybe tenth gear holds the answers.

Another thing to note is that some of these are not the second or third version, but the first version released. Also, it might help to put the slaughter maps at the end.

Other than that, it is pretty fun! Nice to see the final result of this after so much time.

Should totally be called a GigaWAD when both parts are assembled.

Gonna give this a run through later, well done on getting it this far!

Dunn made this table for the first part at some point:

4vJ1xoQ.png

It would make sense to use it to order the maps in difficulty (it requires quite a bit of tedious work though). 

The way textures compiled now is a disaster. Thankfully there are only like 6 maps which use custom textures. Currently there's like 6 TEXTURE1 and PNAMES lumps which is not good. It shouldn't be too bad to complile all TEXTURE1 lumps into a single one using slade texture editor but I don't know a good way to put PNAMES together.

Maybe it would be better to clean up textures in each submission separately (removing unused textures and patches, one should be careful with animated and switches stuff here). Then there shouldn't be too many textures left to manage them by hand hopefully.

There's also a couple of repeated texture names (BROWN3 for example). One of them should be renamed and the map in which it appear should be modified accordingly.

I really don't want to deal with all this right now, maybe later

Guys I'll admit it. I have no clue what I'm doing. u guys might as well be speaking an alien language for the most part.

like I now what ur saying but there's so much technicality to it that I feel like im gonna get lost half way. I think I ought to stick to trying to be an entertainer

Edited by Dubbag

btw I think we need to get this wad done and get everythi ng set before we start on part 2

Nice it finally came out, if I do make a video series like Tenth Gear I will try to do it when the issues are fixed. I wish I could help but I've never compiled maps ever.

MAP 02 isn't working for me, almost if I was using noclip, I couldn't grab anything, or activate switches and trigger linedefs

Alright I'll. take a look at it when I'm out of work. thank god this is just a testing thread

@1Destro3456 that is literally the weirdest bug I have EVER seen. Does anyone know what may be causing that? How is that even possible? I've played this game for 20 years and never seen that.

I guess I should have let @Dragonfly do it. I thought it was going to be easier than I thought. If anyone wants to pitch in and help lmk.

I'm compiling Dubbag's beta with fixed textures and I'm going to download El Inferno's map (map02) to see if I can run it in PRBoom+.

I should be able to wrap up the compiled wad soon. I'm not compiling the second 32-map megawad. This is a time consuming process lol.

Edited by Swalzi

Half-Moon part 1 compiled. I categorized the files in the wad archive so it can be easily sifted through. Duplicate files were deleted.

To authors who used custom textures, please look at your maps thoroughly. I believe I got most of the missing textures and flats, but I may have missed a few.

Download: hfm1-RC1.zip

10 minutes ago, Swalzi said:

Half-Moon part 1 compiled. I categorized the files in the wad archive so it can be easily sifted through. Duplicate files were deleted.

To authors who used custom textures, please look at your maps thoroughly. I believe I got most of the missing textures and flats, but I may have missed a few.

I can confirm that the map 02 bug is fixed

14 minutes ago, Swalzi said:

Thank you so much! It means alot that took the time to do that.

Could you replace my old map05 with this version, please? 
Version, included in compilation have a pretty nasty softlock, which i've fixed already:

10 hours ago, Swalzi said:

Checked it with GZDoom, and there are no missing textures. Some maps do still need to be replaced with the newer version though.

ok going to fix these when I get home. would some one be able to post a list of WADS that need the new verrsions?

does anyone want to help compile the other maps for part 2 so this doesn't happen again? I don't trust myself lol

Had a quick go at this, seems like its gonna be good fun. However I felt MAP02 was maybe a bit too hard to be where it was and GZDoom crashed when I attempted a save on MAP04, not sure how or why that happened.

Alright looks like the crash was a fluke, up to map12 so far with no serious errors.