Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
NaturalTvventy

Cobweb textures?

I know that The Return Resources (RETRES.WAD) by TeamTNT from Eternal Doom has some which are considerably better. They are very small though, made specifically to be used in corners of rooms. 

6 minutes ago, A.H. Sankhatayan said:

I know that The Return Resources (RETRES.WAD) by TeamTNT from Eternal Doom has some which are considerably better. They are very small though, made specifically to be used in corners of rooms. 

Ah nice. I can use those as a template to build some bigger ones too. They do look nice.

Heretic/Hexen have some good ones, but they are probably the same ones used in The Return resource pack mentioned above. Baker's Legacy also has some good variants, including some larger webs. Converting these to the Doom palette shouldn't be a problem, since they're gray.

FreeDoom has cobweb textures but they look cartoonish just like the ones in TNT.
They can be useful in cartoon-themed TCs
Example:
WEBR.png.e9424ef27b826e94a438a612469e2ba1.png

2 hours ago, Reelvonic said:

Archer - Big Bowl of Spiderwebs - YouTube

sorry had too ^

but idk. i assume some would be easy to procedurley generate

My curiosity is high.
But I don't want to click the link :/

On 4/29/2021 at 1:52 PM, P41R47 said:

Realm of Chaos has some spider webs.

does anyone know where those came from? they're not originally from realm of chaos

13 minutes ago, roadworx said:

does anyone know where those came from? they're not originally from realm of chaos

don't know from where you get that information, as the .txt doesn't say anything about the textures being ripped off from somewhere else, but probably the one to ask is one of the mappers from it that is still around.

@Steve D, if you had time, could you share some info about that?

22 minutes ago, P41R47 said:

don't know from where you get that information, as the .txt doesn't say anything about the textures being ripped off from somewhere else, but probably the one to ask is one of the mappers from it that is still around.

@Steve D, if you had time, could you share some info about that?

i'm pretty sure that they're from a set of textures, the full set appearing in eternal doom. both realm of chaos and fragtime marine (made in may of 1995) contain textures from it, so they couldn't have possibly come from any of these (unless mark klem made them, but i doubt it)

edit: wait, nvm, they're from heretic

Edited by roadworx