Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
999cop

Doomworld Happy New Year Eve Thread

As for a new beginning of the year 2003, what are you planning to do for new year's eve? Oh yeah, can't wait till Doom 3 comes out and see how the community splits.../me rolls eyes

I'll probably do absolutely nothing like I do every year. Maybe I'll work on my Doom levels. Like I do every day. =P

I can't wait for Halo 2 to come out in 2003 as well! Also Doom3 for the XBox. :D. I'd get that game for the PC, but on account of my crappy computer and also having no money right now, I won't be able to get a new computer for quite a while... :(

On new year's eve, I'll drink fake champagne, the kind that isn't spelled right.
For my January birthday, I'll ask for a Geforce 8734523, or whatever the highest number is.

999cop said:

As for a new beginning of the year 2003, what are you planning to do for new year's eve?

Oh! I didn't see the first part. I'll probably be whatching those New Year's Eve TV Specials like I always do every year.

I'll probably not be doing much at all. I hope to try the Japanese sake my girlfriend gave me for Christmas, if my mom will let me. If anything, I'll be playing a videogame, probably Splinter Cell, right up to the moment the ball drops. I'll check that out, say "Happy New Years", then go back to playing.

Nothing special - getting my arse back to work on fan fics and projects is what I'll be occupied with.

well... I need to find a job, so I can get a new computer for doom3... :P.
I have also been thinking of make something special for doom's 10th birthday... :)
wait and see, maybe I will think of something else.

Hmm, probably sleeping. If not, I'll stay up and watch the New Year's party thing they show on ABC, or I might do the right thing and be on here when 2003 rolls in. :)

999cop said:

Oh yeah, can't wait till Doom 3 comes out and see how the community splits.../me rolls eyes

IMHO there's no danger of that. Go read the CPU speeds thread, and you'll see that a lot of people here aren't even going to be able to run it ;) Besides, there are plenty of people still playing Quake 1 and 2 despite Quake 3's existence.

Personally, I'm not that thrilled about Doom 3. I mean, it looks really awesome and is going to be about as impressive as Doom was when it first came out, but I'm not going to buy it. Give me Ultimate Doom any day, I say. =P

On New Year's Eve, I'll do what I do every New Year's Eve, 4th of July, 24th of July, Thanksgiving, and Christmas Eve...

WØRK!!!

Because those plebian bastards demand service at times when no sane plebian bastard would be going to the store anyway. :P

NiGHTMARE said:

IMHO there's no danger of that. Go read the CPU speeds thread, and you'll see that a lot of people here aren't even going to be able to run it ;) Besides, there are plenty of people still playing Quake 1 and 2 despite Quake 3's existence.

mmmmmm, then I wonder why isn't there that many of people are still playing Doom online nowadays, consider only 700 users have registered on Zdaemon and not to mention certainly same persons have several accounts of their owns according to Lyfe's info.