Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
dt_

The DWIronman league dies to: Violence

Category 2, died on map03. Exited map02 at 10:35.

Spoiler

So disappointing. It's such a short and easy wad. I can't believe how horribly map02 went. It will be interesting to see if any blind runners are killed on map04 by a particular secret.

vironman-pseudonaut.zip

Category 1
Died beginning of MAP03, Maxed MAP01 and almost Maxed MAP02.

Spoiler

Also self-rocketed in MAP02 because my brain turned off, it's kind of funny. Wondering if someone will exit MAP01 low on health and get triple shotgunned because they just start blasting in MAP02.

Lovely colors in this wad :)

maribo_violence_ironman.zip

Cool pick! Just a heads up to ironman participants, if I remember correctly MAP03 has a bug where one of the keys occasionally fails to teleport to its correct position, leading to a softlock. For whatever reason, I didn't use the surefire method employed on MAP02 for the same technique. Apologies if this ruins any runs!

19 minutes ago, AD_79 said:

Cool pick! Just a heads up to ironman participants, if I remember correctly MAP03 has a bug where one of the keys occasionally fails to teleport to its correct position, leading to a softlock. For whatever reason, I didn't use the surefire method employed on MAP02 for the same technique. Apologies if this ruins any runs!

I was honeslty having a blast, the maps are fun plus the music is so great, until this happened and it genuinely angered me :'(

died on map03 cuz I killed myself

cat 1

mhrz_violence_ironman.zip

Category 1

Survived

Time = 44:52

Demo: ReaperAA_violence_DWIL.zip

A..... pretty easy mapset. I was expecting some devious traps. But apart from the Map03's hot start, I got none. Not complaining through as it is still a pretty fun little mapset. I could have played a bit more aggressive.

Category 2 survived in 28:38

I happened to just play through this set (most of it at least) like three weeks ago so I had a pretty good idea what to expect to say the least... Still, the pace is pretty damn casual, I managed to get just as lost in map03 as last time and then stumbled around a bit in the fourth map, mostly because I couldn't remember what triggered that one special trap which I wanted to avoid.

DWI_violence_2838_Veinen.zip

Category 1

Died on the very beginning of map 2

Cause of death, my own computer... A program on my computer popped up a notification about an update which caused me to get booted out of my Doom screen when I let off my first shot in Map 2. Wasn't able to race back to Doom in time to stop myself from dying. Tilted into absolute oblivion right now...

dwi_violence_dispor.zip

EDIT: Now that I've had time to calm down, I'll add that I really liked Map 1 a lot. Was really fun and looked awesome. Will definitely play the rest of the wad in my spare time soon.

Edited by DisgruntledPorcupine

Standard, Category 1
Kills: 125/163
Time: Died in MAP01 at around ~8:28
Recorded: Twitch live via OBS, played on GZDoom 4.4.2. with MBF (strict)

Video: (playthrough starts at about 0:30)

Spoiler

I loved the music and look of this WAD! After dying in MAP01 I continued playing and had a blast with the rest as well. I had trouble finding my way around in MAP03 but still loved it! The music was just awesome in the first 3 maps of this WAD. Nice nice nice nice nice :). Bit of a pity that I died in the way I did right after surviving a trap but hey, that's just the way it goes :p.

Edited by Peccatum Mihzamiz : got the twitch link to work

Here is my Category 2 submission. I briefly played parts of Violence a few months ago. The parts I remember are in the later maps (and it shows), but I suppose you would still classify this as a Category 2 run.

Dead on: Map 01

Kills: 29/162

Time: 3:34

dwi_pegleg_violence_cat2.zip

Violence looks good, and plays pretty good, too. I like the custom palette and the way it imbues everything with the soft purple look. I liked the maps; they are well-structured and well thought out. I'm definitely going to go back and play through this mapset again. I liked the music, too. To my ear, it provided a charge to the maps.

As for the run, this was poor, especially for something that was nominally Category 2. Ultimately, this run was a horrific combination of high damage shots from zombieman and sergeants, three-shotting imps (with a shotgun), pressing the wrong key at inopportune times, and terrible aim.

So the first time I have done one of these in quite a while (Got a little time as my son has gone down for a nap).

So if anyone knows, I am not a particularly good player, so here comes some proper twilight zone level daftness.

Survived in 36:36*

Category 2 - I was familiar with the first map, but otherwise I didn't recall much of this. 

This was a fun wad to play, Map01 is very rewarding to those who like exploration (Highly recommended), map02 is short and inoffensive, one trap might catch you out. Map03 feels like an anomaly from the rest (In a good way), completely open and chaotic, the carry over from the previous maps makes this one much easier. Map04 was in my view a little underwhelming with the action a little undercooked. I even made a weapon switch mistake and used the rocket launcher in a completely inappropriate fashion. 

Overall a good SUnday afternoon playthrough.

*Died in map05 of starvation I assume, I declined a quadruple roasting :P

violencecb.zip

Category 1.

I ended here:

gQdzt2k.jpeg

Really cool first map. I guess the rest of the wad it's cool too, but I wasn't able to see it. XD

The fact that I had less than 10% health many times in the run made it really exciting. Even zombiemen were scary. I'm too used to use saves. xD

Then I found the exit and COULD have left the level, but I had the brilliant idea of exploring more. "Maybe there will be an awesome weapon or a megasphere!".

Well, there WAS a soulsphere, but I died a few steps before getting it. xD

Violence.zip

Cat 1, survived in 40:50

dwim-bx-violence.lmp

Spoiler

I hadn't played any Doom or any other shooters for a few weeks before recording this so I was feeling very nervous and rusty, which probably shows in the demo but I squeaked through. Nearly got ended several times but had some dumb luck with damage rolls and so on. I had some where the fuck do I go moments in map03 and 04, but that's the cat 1 experience I guess. Fun wad, quite stylish.

Seems like I'm finally back. Sorry for absence, really settled down with the home PC and Doom just this past weekend. I'll be updating the March's OP this week and will try to submit something to this one.