Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
OpenRift

Doom Eternal fans give games journalists too much of their energy.

1 hour ago, whatup876 said:

Let's at least agree that Doom Eternal deserved at least one or two VGA awards, even if you normally don't care about this.

I certainly agree with that. No award for Best Soundtrack? Are they fucking mad?!

4 minutes ago, NoXion said:

I certainly agree with that. No award for Best Soundtrack? Are they fucking mad?!

i dont think it deserved the goty i think that should have been awarded to hades even though i like doom more but damn soundtrack and best director

@NoXion Eh. Like I said in another topic, awards do not put food on the table - nor should they - and as such I can no longer bring myself to care.

If anything, I would rather have award shows be replaced with "anti-award" shows (penalty shows?), where video game companies get shamed and roasted for their lackluster business practices and such. Somehow, I can see The Last of Us: Part II winning most of the nominations there too! :P

7 minutes ago, Rudolph said:

@NoXion Eh. Like I said in another topic, awards do not put food on the table - nor should they - and as such I can no longer bring myself to care about award shows.

If anything, I would rather have them replaced with anti-award shows (penalty shows?), where video game companies get roasted for their lackluster business practices and such. Somehow, I can see The Last of Us: Part II winning most nominations there too! :P

I might actually watch that.

I know that Doom Eternal is a successful game with a fucking awesome soundtrack no matter what, but I still think it sucks that it didn't get more recognition. Call it an incorrigible impulse to believe that things should be better.

43 minutes ago, NoXion said:

I'd actually say Doom 2016 had a better soundtrack. But otherwise it should've won a game of the year award. The fact that it didn't shows that these sorts of award shows, much like the Oscars, are bullshit.

32 minutes ago, OpenRift said:

I'd actually say Doom 2016 had a better soundtrack.

I find it so hard to judge, honestly. They've both got some absolute bangers in them.

29 minutes ago, NoXion said:

I find it so hard to judge, honestly. They've both got some absolute bangers in them.

bfg division vs the only thing they fear is you

Doom Eternal it's a better soundtrack for how it's need to fits their different scenarios.

Doom 2016 it's also great on how with limited and specific type of music, it's also a banger (He used law cutters and chainsaws for the soundtrack!!)

i find it surprising that theres no remake of into sandy's city in eternal seeing how popular it is (yea i know theres a track that sounds like it but no remake or remix)

3 minutes ago, omalefico32x said:

i find it surprising that theres no remake of into sandy's city in eternal seeing how popular it is (yea i know theres a track that sounds like it but no remake or remix)

Not sure if you're referring to the Doom Hunter Base ambience or another one, but there's this one:

1 hour ago, AtimZarr1 said:

Not sure if you're referring to the Doom Hunter Base ambience or another one, but there's this one:

This should've been part of the main soundtrack.

Out of curiosity, was there a cover of "Nobody Told Me About Id" made for either Doom 2016 or Doom Eternal?

5 hours ago, Rudolph said:

Out of curiosity, was there a cover of "Nobody Told Me About Id" made for either Doom 2016 or Doom Eternal?

Unfortunately not :/

I think people these days give critics too much of their time in general. It's gotten to the point now where instead of forming their own opinions from their own experiences, people will just go on /v/ or /vr/ or Reddit or Youtube and just mirror whatever popular opinion is going on there.

9 hours ago, OpenRift said:

Unfortunately not :/

I thought as much. I remember suggesting that a cover would have worked well for the final fight between the Doomslayer and the Dark Lord.

18 hours ago, OpenRift said:

This should've been part of the main soundtrack.

Was going to be. Mick planned to have the "Into Sandy's City" remix be after the Icon fight, but unfortunately it was nixed by id and thus dropped. :/

I thought the 2016 Cyberdemon theme had a reference to the original Cybie theme.

Also, this talk about unused music makes me wish for a jukebox feature that lets you play any song from a in-game list, specially after replacing Mick Gordon's menu theme with the new one.

On 5/8/2021 at 4:23 PM, Sparktimus said:

I think people these days give critics too much of their time in general. It's gotten to the point now where instead of forming their own opinions from their own experiences, people will just go on /v/ or /vr/ or Reddit or Youtube and just mirror whatever popular opinion is going on there.

You are so wright :)

But it is nothing new, i can see this since 2008, at least it is where i've noticed it the first Time.

Was something Nitpicky discribed with a not so common Vocabulary and i found that Opinion everywhere.

People copy the Opinion that seems the most intelligent for them or that "touches" them (it only has to sound intelligent with some Keywords).

Thats where i also overthinked some of my political Points.

It is something Human, can happen to anybody of us :)

We should learn again to stay cool.

I just got reminded that Andrew Hulshult himself already made a kickass cover of "Nobody Told Me About It", so I am surprised Id did not use for the Dark Lord fight. Imagine going toe to toe with the Dark Lord with this track rocking in the background:

I don't think they could use the fanmade themes in general.

But the Fortress of Doom does have a portrait that was fanart once.

@whatup876 Fair enough, but Id still did business with Andrew Hulshult, so they could have used this opportunity to commission a cover of "Nobody Told Me About Id".

Well, Doom has that kind of fanbase that did/figured out so much, so i guess id could always consult fans on some stuff.