Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Engired

Try to recreate Doom 1 from memory! (Community Project) (Closed)

Here is my E4M5, E4M5.zip.

Thought it would be funny to use SLIGE for a couple rooms, so I did. You only get the idea of E4M5, but it works. I also made it harder

Good luck on your maps! Only half a month left, tell me if you need extension.

Also, here's the other remaining maps:

E3M3 (Urgent!)

E3M4 @SilverMiner

Please tell me if I get anything wrong!!

Edited by Engired

Here is E2M5.rar "Order Centre" (AKA A mishmash of random rooms)

Since the map is what it is I took a quick play of it first and then took a 2-day pause to let it settle down a bit.

Spoiler

Mine:

bandicam-2021-05-24-12-18-39-978.jpg

Original:

bandicam-2021-05-24-12-20-02-282.jpg

Screenshot-Doom-20210522-192533.png

Screenshot-Doom-20210526-114713.png

Screenshot-Doom-20210526-114744.png

19 minutes ago, LateNightPerson said:

Dibs on E2M3!

Closed again! Hopefully for the last time.

I've just been on my pc this noon and i've "speedmapped" (i made in 4 hours) E4M9 from memory,it comes out more different and slaughter-ish from the original!

fearfm.zip

Title: The missing master level by Willits

Author: Walter

Slot: E4M9

Port: Vanilla Doom

DOOM05.png

DOOM06.png

Spoiler

My version:

myway.png

Original:

timway.png

This is way harder and way more time consuming than I ever could have imagined... Could someone possibly fuse their memory with my own to help me get this made? I've done all I have time for :( It's just too hard to sit there trying to recall all the details!

E1M4_MEM.zip

2 hours ago, Doomkid said:

This is way harder and way more time consuming than I ever could have imagined... Could someone possibly fuse their memory with my own to help me get this made? I've done all I have time for :( It's just too hard to sit there trying to recall all the details!

E1M4_MEM.zip

It can become way harder than first thought. If it's what you remember, it's fine, I don't remember everything from my maps too.

Edit: I have done too many maps considering I started this competition, somebody else needs to do it.

Edited by Engired

6 hours ago, Doomkid said:

E1M4_MEM.zip

I'm happy to finish off E1M4 for you. Though someone else is free to submit their own version if mine takes too long.

Edited by Wavy

3 hours ago, Doomkid said:

Thank you, Wavy

You're welcome =)

Withdrawing my E4M4 slot has I currently have my hands full with personal IRL & other stuff :(

It is now almost 1 month since I started, so I'll mention that the project is due by the first of next month. Throughout this month I will be playing the maps and fixing anything that doesn't work. I don't want it to go much over, but if there is no way your map can be done by next month I will make an exception. Don't stress, 30 days is a lot of time. I'm also not expecting anything high-quality, as long as it sort of feels like the original map, it is good.

Good luck on your maps! We're only one map from a full episode for some of them. We don't actually have a full episode yet unfortunately.

On 6/1/2021 at 3:36 PM, Engired said:

It is now almost 1 month since I started, so I'll mention that the project is due by the first of next month. Throughout this month I will be playing the maps and fixing anything that doesn't work. I don't want it to go much over, but if there is no way your map can be done by next month I will make an exception. Don't stress, 30 days is a lot of time. I'm also not expecting anything high-quality, as long as it sort of feels like the original map, it is good.

Good luck on your maps! We're only one map from a full episode for some of them. We don't actually have a full episode yet unfortunately. 

I really hope I finish E1M4. I'll try my hardest!

Here is E3M2 ---->> E3m2_dfm.zip.

It's about the only map I have a decent memory for other than a few others. I wanted this one because there's no room configurations to recall other than some fingers and a bunch of outside pillar structures. lol I did play it a few times a couple months back or something, so that helped..

32 minutes ago, Doom_Dude said:

Here is E3M2 ---->> E3m2_dfm.zip.

It's about the only map I have a decent memory for other than a few others. I wanted this one because there's no room configurations to recall other than some fingers and a bunch of outside pillar structures. lol I did play it a few times a couple months back or something, so that helped..

This is better than the official E3M2. Great work!!

If anyone is wondering how E1M4 is going, here:

E1M4.PNG.54092aab497359b970e468be73b0f55c.PNG

Just need to do a couple more rooms, monster placement, and sector tagging.

withdrawing my slot since I got no time currently plus got too busy on other stuffs.