Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Engired

Try to recreate Doom 1 from memory! (Community Project) (Closed)

I could try to do it (E3M3), since I've almost completed all the levels i'm working on in these months that had a tight deadline.... I know pretty good the layout, so it could be easy to do and it will be the one that looks more similar to the original....

6 hours ago, Walter confetti said:

I could try to do it (E3M3), since I've almost completed all the levels i'm working on in these months that had a tight deadline.... I know pretty good the layout, so it could be easy to do and it will be the one that looks more similar to the original....

It's alright if it's not perfect. Since we have almost everything done I can wait some time for it.

Yesterday I've started making it and if i have time, I'll think to complete and upload this today...

And here it is! Layout is almost all on strike, but i don't remember all the thing placement for the love of God, sorry guys.

E3M3fm.zip

Title: Peacefulness

Author: Walter

Build Time: 7 hours(?) in 2 days

DOOM0000.png

DOOM0001.png

Spoiler

Doom-edit-area-at-2021-07-14-16-52-35-69

Original version

E3-M3fm-edit-area-at-2021-07-14-16-50-24

My version

No more maps! Just need to do some playtesting, especially with e2-e4. E1 should be fine.

After one more update I'll release it on a new thread.

Edited by Engired

I think I'll release it sometime around 12pm AEST tomorrow, there shouldn't be any issues left. If there is any that I have missed, or that other people who have played the whole thing have missed, I can update the final release, but it's best to let me know now.

3 minutes ago, Engired said:

I think I'll release it sometime around 12pm AEST tomorrow, there shouldn't be any issues left. If there is any that I have missed, or that other people who have played the whole thing have missed, I can update the final release, but it's best to let me know now.

A quick fix to my E1M4 is to change the nukage from doing 10-20% damage to 5-10%. Also, I just realised this but the door connecting the exit room and computer pillar room is uncentered and I can't stop thinking about it (that's if changing geometry is fine)

4 minutes ago, Wavy said:

A quick fix to my E1M4 is to change the nukage from doing 10-20% damage to 5-10%. Also, I just realised this but the door connecting the exit room and computer pillar room is uncentered and I can't stop thinking about it (that's if changing geometry is fine)

It's actually centered on my end, I've looked at all the doors and all of them are centered.

20 minutes ago, Engired said:

It's actually centered on my end, I've looked at all the doors and all of them are centered.

I'm talking about this one. It's offset to the steps and computer room

aaaaaaaaaaa.PNG.13c7f7bb8259cbab8ef03a840c7804cc.PNG

24 minutes ago, Wavy said:

I'm talking about this one. It's offset to the steps and computer room

aaaaaaaaaaa.PNG.13c7f7bb8259cbab8ef03a840c7804cc.PNG

Guess my version must be different somehow. I'll take another look at it sometime later.

16 minutes ago, Engired said:

Guess my version must be different somehow. I'll take another look at it sometime later.

I can fix it and update my original E1M4 post with the fix if you want

Edited by Wavy

@Engired Almost all elevators are missing the texture behind them in episode 1 in the latest version for some reason. Even my E1M8 which originally had it. e2 seems fine.

Examples:

E1M1: HOM behind the secret elevator

doom00.png

E1M2: HOM behind the elevator near the start

doom01.png

E1M3: Elevator leading to green armor has a HOM behind it

doom04.png

E1M4:

doom05.png

doom06.png

E1M5:

doom07.png

Edited by Kloki38

6 hours ago, Kloki38 said:

@Engired Almost all elevators are missing the texture behind them in episode 1 in the latest version for some reason. Even my E1M8 which originally had it. e2 seems fine.

Examples:

E1M1: HOM behind the secret elevator

doom00.png

E1M2: HOM behind the elevator near the start

doom01.png

E1M3: Elevator leading to green armor has a HOM behind it

doom04.png

E1M4:

doom05.png

doom06.png

E1M5:

doom07.png

I did something to episode 1 which would cause that. I'll just replace episode 1 with the original files again.

I've added  the custom level names, and I fixed all of the issues above. I can fix it up post-release for a couple weeks, then I'll put it on the archive. If there is anything else, let me know, but all levels should be fine. I aim for a release late today (AEST). Maybe 7am (EST), or 9pm (AEST).

I've also got the maps put in 4 images to compare them all.

And for a final notice, there will be a Doom 2 made from memory.

Edited by Engired

13 minutes ago, EpicTyphlosion said:

I really hate to necro this thread, but did you ever release the complete version to /idgames or somewhere?

Here: