Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Endless

The Doom Master Wadazine #11 (The Rising!) - Feat. John Romero Q&A! Jim Valavanis interview, Multiplayer Doom with HumanBones, From A(bsolution) to Z(Doom), Eviternity a modern classic, Bourgeois Megawad, Doomkid interview and more!

29 minutes ago, Immorpher said:

Not per-se, he just wasn't involved in making that Doom. So it's kind of a meme to get him to sign Doom 3 boxes.

It became more of a meme because of this face of his

image.png.f84f2dd80e901a27331ae8bc6d08447e.png

2 hours ago, 1Destro3456 said:

It became more of a meme because of this face of his

image.png.f84f2dd80e901a27331ae8bc6d08447e.png

"To win the game, you must sign me, John Romero!"

Great issue! As usual, every page is brimming with the enthusiasm and creativity that the Doom community is known for, and the Q&A with Romero was an especially fun treat!

I did not expect to see the small review of my miniwad, CRUD, in there! It was enjoyable to receive a short blurb of feedback that doubles as a highlight.

All-in-all, I thoroughly enjoyed reading through  this issue!

Spoiler

One small correction to the aforementioned blurb on CRUD. The wad is vanilla-compatible, not boom-compatible.

The professionalism in the presentation of these issues always baffles me.. Thanks so much for the Bourgeois Megawad highlight too! I love the Wadazine!

I keep thinking someone needs to find people no longer involved with the community like Dario Casali, Tom Mustaine Erik Alm, and maybe Denis Moeller and people involved with tIC/TNT and interview them about their experiences making Doom maps (probably not me but it's hard to say - you never know what mood I may be in next week or whenever). I

42 minutes ago, Doomkid said:

The professionalism in the presentation of these issues always baffles me.. Thanks so much for the Bourgeois Megawad highlight too! I love the Wadazine!

Thanks for always being a joy to cooperate and the constant support :D

7 minutes ago, LadyMistDragon said:

I keep thinking someone needs to find people no longer involved with the community like Dario Casali, Tom Mustaine Erik Alm, and maybe Denis Moeller and people involved with tIC/TNT and interview them about their experiences making Doom maps (probably not me but it's hard to say - you never know what mood I may be in next week or whenever). I

;)

These 'zines are incredible... well written. The strength of the doom community into the 2020s is incredible... nearly 30 years later, and it feels a bit like a revival with all of the sweet stuff being produced

6 minutes ago, princetontiger said:

These 'zines are incredible... well written. The strength of the doom community into the 2020s is incredible... nearly 30 years later, and it feels a bit like a revival with all of the sweet stuff being produced

Happy to read that. Follow us to keep up to date with our work and the next issue!

Readed all in my free time, really well done, and the content of the magazine it's great to share to friends. At least that's what i shared a pal for the Eviternity review.

I'm still impressed at the Wadazines professionalism even if it is about a videogame that the creators made on their free time and you can download it for free! And also gives an insight on some Doom history people new like me didn't know about. I have nothing but respect for the creators of this. 

I wanna mention that the review for my Hexen hub, Lost Luxury, has quite a few numbers wrong, including the number on my name!

Nice of you to decide to spotlight and review it anyway! ...But make sure you get the details right next time :)

On 5/6/2021 at 11:18 AM, Alper002 said:

I wanna mention that the review for my Hexen hub, Lost Luxury, has quite a few numbers wrong, including the number on my name!

Nice of you to decide to spotlight and review it anyway! ...But make sure you get the details right next time :)

Sorry about that. I remember seeing your username the day after I submitted that, and I was like "oh no."

The fact my question made it into the Q&A! I won't lie that I squealed seeing that lol. But I loved reading the entire Q&A! Currently reading over all the other neat things in this issue! (I need to catch up with the previous 10 later). Keep up the good work!