Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Argent Agent

Skirmish - 20 Short Slaughter Maps - RC 1

Neat, I'll give some of these a try tonight on stream.

I can't get the yellow key on map07. It's deep in the ground.

1 hour ago, Bryan T said:

I can't get the yellow key on map07. It's deep in the ground.

You need to activate the blue door. The yellow key should eventually raise to the surface.

Ha. After playing the first map I wasn’t sure what to think. Ended up having a lot of fun with them. Currently on map07. Thanks for making these!

Posted (edited)
15 hours ago, Argent Agent said:

You need to activate the blue door. The yellow key should eventually raise to the surface.

I swear I did that. Anyway, it worked the second time.

I can't get the music to play. I can see the music files in the wad but they refuse to play for me in game. Using gzdoom 4.3.3. I even tested multiple other wads, they all work fine.

I tried just deleting the music from the wad so the original track would play. That didn't work either, still silent.

57 minutes ago, Bryan T said:

I swear I did that. Anyway, it worked the second time.

I can't get the music to play. I can see the music files in the wad but they refuse to play for me in game. Using gzdoom 4.3.3. I even tested multiple other wads, they all work fine.

I tried just deleting the music from the wad so the original track would play. That didn't work either, still silent.

Music issue was a MAPINFO issue. Fixed for next release.

Posted (edited)

I played through this yesterday and had a lot of fun with it, good job!  There are a few things I'd like to mention:

• Some of the monster teleporters didn't seem to work.  I am not sure if I didn't trigger them properly or if they simply broke, but one example was the hell knights on map04.  There was also a pinky on map19 that seems walled off from the rest of the level, which would prevent 100% kills.  In both cases, I'm not sure if I missed something, but it would be good to make sure that all monster teleports are guaranteed to work or, in the case of the map19 pinky (assuming it's being used to trigger something) to perhaps use an alternative that doesn't leave a monster unkillable.
  • Map15 had a fun concept, but I found that some cacos/PEs would get stuck on the backside of the level, which made the final clean-up a bit tedious.  I'd suggest seeing if there's a way to prevent this, perhaps keeping them from getting lost around the back somehow.  This situation requires sniping at them through the windows and sometimes they aren't in a great spot to do so, which can be a bit unfun.
  • For map16... I'm curious to know if there's a way to start this level that doesn't require a lot of luck since there's almost nowhere to go.  The best we could come up with is peeking through the starting parapet and getting revenants to infight some mancubus and hope that they wake the cyberdemons, which in turn can help clear out the yard you start near.  I was able to complete this level after some time by having a fortunate amount of infighting, making a run for the BFG and some rockets, then clearing out a safe area at the start.  I think this level could benefit from a bit of tweaking to at least make the start more manageable.

I'm playing this wad in a coop server and the only issue is on the map 17. 

Teleport for the yellow key is a w1 teleport and only one player will get the key. (Even with itens respawn enable, the key will not teleport to sector with tag2).

Change the line from 207 to 208 fix it.

This is great mapset! We are playing in a zdaemon's private server for testing and everyone is loving this tiny jewel!

Really glad to see your excellent old maps get this treatment, Arg!

Posted (edited)

Completed the rest of the maps earlier. Enjoyed them a lot. Map16 is amazing.

Spoiler

It is very possible to cheese the start of map16 in the exit room though. If you were to take your time in here you could probably deal with the entire start. Maybe make this area a pain sector or something.

Pretty cool maps! I'll play them for sure! Good job on these.