Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Cammy

TNT MIDI Pack - Now on idgames!

Unfortunately it can't :/

Besides if I understand correctly, MIDI files sound different depending on the soundfont, right? So even if my phone could play it, it would likely not sound the same as when I'm playing the game. That's why I wish all these amazing MIDI packs out there had mp3 versions for casual listening.

But anyway, it's alright. It's still a great project :v

(Sorry for bad english I'm brazillian)

There should be a MIDI player app you can download on your phone. The one I use is creatively called "MIDI Player" and can play any soundfont you load into it, or use emulated OPL sounds.

I'm planning on recording a "let's listen" set through my SC-55, just waiting on all tracks to be finalized before going ahead. Once it's finished, I'll be sure to post the Youtube link here.

First post here but damn I'm happy that not only does TNT have fully unique music now, but by an all-star group no less. This stuff is amazing.

I might try a midi player app if I can find it, but man the moment this whole OST gets on YouTube or if there's ever a mp3 download, I'm easily putting this to my list of jams.

Update: I got a midi app and yeah this shit is REALLY good on SC-55, I love every track so far and I already am looking forward to later versions. Getting Arachno next to see how it sounds

Mad props to everyone who worked on this

Edited by Gemidori

A great midi pack. My favorite songs are in MAP04, 17, 20, 32. The songs by Lee sound like they come from lost levels of Duke Nukem 3D.

3 hours ago, pcorf said:

A great midi pack. My favorite songs are in MAP04, 17, 20, 32. The songs by Lee sound like they come from lost levels of Duke Nukem 3D.

I'm glad you mentioned MAP17 (Not Wearing Plaid). That one was a real bear to write. It's not too often that one gets a chance to stick a little bit of Hindemith influence into a level song. I loved the opportunity, despite how much work it turned out to be. It was worth it.

7 hours ago, leejacksonaudio said:

I'm glad you mentioned MAP17 (Not Wearing Plaid). That one was a real bear to write. It's not too often that one gets a chance to stick a little bit of Hindemith influence into a level song. I loved the opportunity, despite how much work it turned out to be. It was worth it.

It was a masterpiece of a song and it suited that map perfectly because you are always running around the halls of that base like crazy. Great work indeed.

10 hours ago, leejacksonaudio said:

That was one of my favorites because it just felt like quintessentially your style. The neat mix of off-the-walls action with classical influences.

By god you somehow did it. Just played Map 22, Habitat, and I didn't have an aggressively bad time. The new midis completely elevate a whole lot of the maps. A lot of outstanding music so far.

Been replaying TNT with the midi pack.
Guys this one is seriously marvelous.
Right now at Dead Zone and most of the track really capture the escense, mood and atmosphere of the maps.
Really glad you made this as it lift my beloved TNT: Evilution to new heights :)

Only thing that i notice is that map08 track is way low in comparison to the rest of the tracks so far. 
Aside from that, nothing to say.

Thanks to this project and all the recent midi pack, we will need a new Cacoward category.
Or expand the already ''Odyssey of Noises'' special mentionation.

Hope this get the final release soon.

Just had a listen to all the tracks, I really like Map 31's new sound.

But i have to ask, what did you guys do to map 32, that track doesn't sound anything like the default track I'm sorry that one is bad for this replacement.

But overall most of them sound better than current.

1 hour ago, Bob9001 said:

But i have to ask, what did you guys do to map 32, that track doesn't sound anything like the default track I'm sorry that one is bad for this replacement.

Oh c’mon, that one is so much fun! He’s on vacation! It’s the Caribbean! Why not a fun, upbeat, tropical sound?

I admittedly don’t hear any of Into Sandy’s City therein and so I’m not sure how it’s a remix of it, but it’s a really fun track and I think @Peter did a really good job.

10 minutes ago, Faceman2000 said:

Oh c’mon, that one is so much fun! He’s on vacation! It’s the Caribbean! Why not a fun, upbeat, tropical sound?

I admittedly don’t hear any of Into Sandy’s City therein and so I’m not sure how it’s a remix of it, but it’s a really fun track and I think @Peter did a really good job.

It becomes pretty apparent around the minute mark. The chord progression is basically Into Sandy's City transposed into major key, and the actual melody is referenced there.

Wish you'd heard the WIP previews Peter gave us, I think this started with him whipping up something that was very blatantly "Into Sandy's City but with steel drums" in 30 minutes.

45 minutes ago, Faceman2000 said:

While I can admit that I've never thought about it in this way, I still like killing demons to the current midi. But hey, I like Map 31 so you guys did well to make that track better than current :D

2 hours ago, Bob9001 said:

😬 Glad you liked it 😬

8 hours ago, northivanastan said:

It becomes pretty apparent around the minute mark. The chord progression is basically Into Sandy's City transposed into major key, and the actual melody is referenced there.

Okay, now that you point it out it is pretty clear there. Thanks haha - now I like the song even more.

Any news on that final midi? Wont be returning to Doom for a while, as ive got a backlog of games to work on, but still, im curious :p

Just now, Devalaous said:

Any news on that final midi? Wont be returning to Doom for a while, as ive got a backlog of games to work on, but still, im curious :p

Hmm, trying to avoid saying too much...

I assume you mean map07? Someone is working on it. A few other tracks are also in the process of being tweaked.

On 7/22/2021 at 9:29 AM, Devalaous said:

I've got some news! Unfortunately, the original composer I had for that slot is still a no-show, and nobody has heard a peep out of him in upwards of a month. As much as I hope he's doing alright, I can only hold up the line for so long, so to speak. I decided to finally declare the slot open and contact a new composer to fill it in, so it's accounted for at last.

Sorry to have kept you guys waiting. I can confidently (finally) declare a release date, with superior audio balancing and a bespoke MAP07 midi - expect the final release on the 28th!

3 hours ago, Cammy said:

I've got some news! Unfortunately, the original composer I had for that slot is still a no-show, and nobody has heard a peep out of him in upwards of a month. As much as I hope he's doing alright, I can only hold up the line for so long, so to speak. I decided to finally declare the slot open and contact a new composer to fill it in, so it's accounted for at last.

Sorry to have kept you guys waiting. I can confidently (finally) declare a release date, with superior audio balancing and a bespoke MAP07 midi - expect the final release on the 28th!

So, in less than five days we will have the final release.

More than perfect, Cammy!
Those sure are grat news :)

30 minutes ago, Screamapillar said:

Replacement MIDI was great, but I'm really curious about that remix of SoCh.

Indeed it was! @Deadwing is a brilliant musician, I love his style. Hot Pressure isn't going to waste, though - it's going to see use in his upcoming megawad Ozonia, which I suggest you keep an eye out for! Check out its soundtrack, too - it's great stuff!

As for the Soldier of Chaos remix, you'll get to hear it next Wednesday. I anticipate you will enjoy it. ;)

Hope you guys are ready! We're all set and on track for our release tomorrow - just like the first version, I'll be posting it at around 12:00 PM CST. See you then!

And at last, it's officially released! Thank you all so much for your patience and support - I hope you enjoy what we've made.

Congrats to everyone! It's definitely worth revisiting TNT just for this pack alone.

I just downloaded the new pack and yeah, that new 07 was worth the wait haha

I think, out of the whole soundtrack, my favorite would have to be Soulsweeper - it takes a lot to make Legion of the Lost sound even more beautiful and tragic than before, but holy fuck.

Holy fuck did it really happen.

Congratulations, @Cammy!

And all the composers for their awesome work!

Every track is awesome, but my favorites so far are:

Intermission - TeNeT,

4 - Broken Mirror,
12 - Inside the Devil’s Lungs,
20 - The Doom World is Flat,

24 - Terror Firma

29 - The Knives That Carved the Megalith,