Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Cammy

TNT MIDI Pack - Now on idgames!

If anyone wants to preview this MIDI Pack, I plan to release the tracks I worked with Cammy on for the title screen and MAP30 - Last Call, TNT's Icon of Sin map - as part of an album that should come out very soon, with its own Doomworld thread.

Without spoiling anything, when Cammy says he has an all-star roster, he means it.

Awesome! :D

Just bought my MIDI controller to work in map 19 music! Can't wait to try some ideas I've got!

1 minute ago, SLOTH MARINE (CB) said:

cool, will the  midis sounds similar to TNT midis?

To a point. They'll be a lot more in line with modern standards of quality. And as the OP said, there will be remixes of TNT tracks.

6 minutes ago, northivanastan said:

To a point. They'll be a lot more in line with modern standards of quality. And as the OP said, there will be remixes of TNT tracks.

ok

now this is the perfect year for Dooming!

Final Doom turns 25 and we get the long awaited TNT: Evilution Midi Pack.

This is serious shit, guys!

Hope you deliver some real bangers!

And hope @Lippeth and @Bucket to be on the project as they are my favourite composers, and made really awesome tunes in line with the original TNT soundtrack. ;)

An announcement already! That was fast.

I guess I need not to bother with putting a replacement soundtrack together on my own after all... :P

Just now, Rudolph said:

An announcement already! That was fast.

I guess I need not to bother with putting a replacement soundtrack together on my own after all... :P

Unless you aren't willing to wait til June. 

I'd be interested to see how you reallocate Icarus and Perdition's Gate/Hell to Pay music to fit Evilution, despite having heard parts of this pack.

@P41R47 but of course! I'll be collaborating with cammy to do a cover of map 02's original song, Dragonfly for a cover of map 06, and one original song all by my lonesome for map 24. There might be at least one more original from me but that's what's on the menu for now.

I'm so excited to be involved in a project with such legendary composers, and hope that our combined efforts succeed in elevating such a classic wad!

1 hour ago, northivanastan said:

I'd be interested to see how you reallocate Icarus and Perdition's Gate/Hell to Pay music to fit Evilution, despite having heard parts of this pack.

I have not actually, as I am just not familiar enough with those megawads and their soundtracks to do so just yet. And if this project turns out well, I probably never will. Like I said in another topic, for the longest time, I thought "Soldier of Chaos" was from Duke Nukem 3D. :P

I sure hope my take on the introductory slot, Sadistic, which is heard in MAP01 does the original justice!

I've been listening to a few of the other contributions and let me tell you, you're in for a treat. :)

1 hour ago, P41R47 said:

now this is the perfect year for Dooming!

Final Doom turns 25 and we get the long awaited TNT: Evilution Midi Pack.

This is serious shit, guys!

Hope you deliver some real bangers!

And hope @Lippeth and @Bucket to be on the project as they are my favourite composers, and made really awesome tunes in line with the original TNT soundtrack. ;)

I've explained several times now that I have no interest in writing a custom soundtrack for a WAD that already has one. If all the tracks were covers or pulled from the internet, that might be an exception.

5 minutes ago, Bucket said:

I've explained several times now that I have no interest in writing a custom soundtrack for a WAD that already has one. If all the tracks were covers or pulled from the internet, that might be an exception.

You did contribute to MIDTWID, so clearly there is at least one more exception...

Nonetheless, I totally get it. Until Cammy contacted me, I was also of the opinion that TNT was not in need of a custom soundtrack, because it already had one, and the Doom/Doom 2 soundtrack re-use was purposeful (well, mostly?)

Can't wait fellas!

Maybe this'll give me an excuse to finally replay TNT: Evilution

11 minutes ago, Bucket said:

well, i thought the repeated tracks from previous IWADs counts toward the exception.
Much like what you made for MIDTWID and Plutonia MIDI Pack.

Apologies for not double checking it, pal.

As one of the forum's TNT lovers, this pleases me. And my main musicman Eris is on board, doing my favourite ever IWAD track? FUCK. YES.

i just finished my cover of the much-lauded Blood Jungle for this project. i'm also working on a cover of the untitled text screen track as well.

52 minutes ago, Viscra Maelstrom said:

i just finished my cover of the much-lauded Blood Jungle for this project. i'm also working on a cover of the untitled text screen track as well.

With all the neat stuff you made for Revilution, alot of which became personal favourites, I know they are in good hands.

this year could only be better if we receive for the 25 years of Final Doom, not only this awesome midipack, but the long awaited TNT2: Devilution that is on development since...like 12 years?

38 minutes ago, P41R47 said:

this year could only be better if we receive for the 25 years of Final Doom, not only this awesome midipack, but the long awaited TNT2: Devilution that is on development since...like 12 years?

Sadly Devilution is unlikely to be released. Such a total waste of a promising megawad. I actually wanted to take over the project and create the last few maps myself as there were like two maps that were needed to be created from memory.

Cool project, curious to see what you all do with it. I never really cared for TNT's music much to begin with, especially as a good portion of the music is recycled from Doom 2. If you're going to write a soundtrack, it's best to write a full one IMO!

4 minutes ago, pcorf said:

Sadly Devilution is unlikely to be released. Such a total waste of a promising megawad. I actually wanted to take over the project and create the last few maps myself as there were like two maps that were needed to be created from memory.

Can we not make posts like this, please? I'm not entirely sure how you planned to take over a project that is still being actively maintained and worked on, anyways.

11 minutes ago, pcorf said:

The project is entirely done excluding one map.

7 hours ago, leejacksonaudio said:

Hello! I've completed original tracks for maps 17, 18, and 25. I hope you'll enjoy them.

image.png.717a2fa88adc31fb65fc29a7b401d327.png
 mfffffffffffffffffggggg