Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Tea Monster

Cacodemon 3D Print

If you were selling them i would so buy one or if you took requests. Either way there badass man.

Sexiest 3D representation of a horrid beast from the depths of Hell ever. Sell them, people can paint them up.

21 minutes ago, Murdoch said:

Sexiest 3D representation of a horrid beast from the depths of Hell ever. Sell them, people can paint them up.

Could have painted and unpainted ones, depending on whether the buyer wants one as a project or something decorative that's already finished. And sell the painted ones a little higher, to offset the cost of the paint supplies.

1 hour ago, DavetheDoomguy said:

Could have painted and unpainted ones, depending on whether the buyer wants one as a project or something decorative that's already finished. And sell the painted ones a little higher, to offset the cost of the paint supplies.

Yup. There we go. @Tea Monster where can Dave and I send the invoices for our consultancy fees for helping you set up your new business venture?

Looks cool. What printer are you using? I was thinking of picking up an Ender 3 Max. Only thing is, that's how you end up with a house full of demons and purple worms and shit. ;)

I'm a member of the DHMP - 

I'm using a resin printer - a Phrozen mini 4K. 

I did offer to do some work for the Doom community before. It wasn't well received unfortunately. I was told that I would single-handedly destroy the Doom modding community!! :D - 

Probably going to print the guy in my avatar next. Stay tuned. 

Edited by Tea Monster

This is the quality goods id software should be producing, not those lame funko pop things

51 minutes ago, Tea Monster said:

I was told that I would single-handedly destroy the Doom modding community!!

Yeah if anyone seriously did say or imply that, or anything close to it, then they are weapons grade imbeciles.

This is awesome! Are you willing to share the .STL file(s)? I'd love to 3D print one myself as a little painting project. Totally understand if you'd prefer to keep the files to yourself, however.

On 5/6/2021 at 10:13 AM, Murdoch said:

Yeah if anyone seriously did say or imply that, or anything close to it, then they are weapons grade imbeciles.

I aint arguing with you! :D

@Tea Monster: I thought the cacodemon was great and couldn't be topped. Until I saw the cyberdemon. The stuff of nightmares. Kudos!

why is there a $763 difference between the painted and unpainted Demon? I think that the price for the painted one should be at most 100 dollars more. Just to improve your sales. People aren't going to want to buy something painted if that's the price difference. They would rather paint it themselves or ask somebody else to paint it for them. I imagine you painted the sculpture yourself, but even if somebody else painted it for you, the price is too high. I would say raise the price of the others or lower the price of the painted one. 

They look really good. Can't wait to see them in full color ( I mean, if you want to send the picture, of course c: )

3 hours ago, Chip said:

why is there a $763 difference between the painted and unpainted Demon? I think that the price for the painted one should be at most 100 dollars more. Just to improve your sales. People aren't going to want to buy something painted if that's the price difference. They would rather paint it themselves or ask somebody else to paint it for them. I imagine you painted the sculpture yourself, but even if somebody else painted it for you, the price is too high. I would say raise the price of the others or lower the price of the painted one. 

It's not hand painted, the color appears to be from a 3D printer that can deposit color pigments. It's also listed at 11 inches big. But either way $780 is insane and I suppose that's the price that Shapeways spits out for something like that. A small color printed cacodemon would be nice

@Tea Monster: I think someone might have suggested this already, but you should consider creating a paint-by-numbers version of each model and selling it. You could even throw in a small paint kit so that the buyer doesn't have to shlepp to an arts/crafts store to buy the paint.

From a color standpoint, I'd say the cacodemon would be more fun to paint than the demon.