Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Chip

The Lost DOOM Comic! (Different from the 1996 one)

Woah, this is fantastic, it's not even on the Doomwiki. This needs to be compiled into a cbr (and pdf) so it can be read with comic readers but that shouldn't be too hard.

@Chip - can you link the redditor who found the comic? I can't find a user by the name you provided.

Edited by xvertigox

Wouldn't be true lost media if it wasn't ultimately found by someone with a name like "fuckinwaluigi". I love the internet.

@xvertigox R/fuckinwaluigi has an NSFW account, so I didn't open it. I'm not sure if he is inactive or not. the link to his account should be This, though. hope that helps a bit. 

10 minutes ago, The Nate said:

...It wasn't?

Well, I think xvertigox meant its own separate page. Also, as I said, this article is a bit messy. If you check out the discussion page, there is a bit of confusion. It seems like the Doomwiki wants it as well. in their "Doomwiki needs you" section on the entryway, near the end of the list they say "Write about Doom II RPG topics" so it seems like there isn't enough info about it, including the comic, hence the reason why it went under my radar for quite some time. 

Awesome find, very good looking stuff, fells like a fan made / indipendentr comic more than a official release...

Nice one mate, totally different tone from the first comic, would be fun if the Doomguy showed up acting exactly like before... Nice artwork, too

3 hours ago, xvertigox said:

Woah, this is fantastic, it's not even on the Doomwiki. This needs to be compiled into a cbr (and pdf) so it can be read with comic readers but that shouldn't be too hard.

@Chip - can you link the redditor who found the comic? I can't find a user by the name you provided.

He got it wrong - usernames should be /u/ rather than /r/.

Here's the link.

https://www.reddit.com/user/fuckinwaluigi

And here's evidence that this is the one. Personally I think it's pretty cool that another piece of Doom history has been discovered.

da.PNG.ef37b91167f0b089f6e1d49765cd60b5.PNG

Oh sweet, I tried it with user/ but I must have copied a space in or something because it 404'd

hey its a good comic though i guess that was to be expected seeing how good the game it came from is

it even explain why we can play as a cientist 

10 hours ago, Chip said:

Katherine Anna Kang was one of the lead creators of DOOM RPG and its sequel

She also happens to be John Carmack's wife.

0f80f70e57f653d46609a6593670bf64.jpg

7 hours ago, Boaby Kenobi said:

She also happens to be John Carmack's wife.

of course, I managed to overlook something like that, even though it's one of the first things listed on her Wikipedia page. lol. 

my god. this is unbelievable to be honest. I guess this was just lost to time because doom rpg just really was not popular back then when this was created. such a cool thing lost to history just because what it was based off was not the most popular at the time. its sad honestly that its been gone for so long. at least we have it archived now. this thread will go down in doom history. with out @Chip & u/fuckinwaluigi this would be lost FOREVER I salute both of you for uncovering important doom history!

50 minutes ago, The BMFG said:

with out @Chip & u/fuckinwaluigi this would be lost FOREVER I salute both of you for uncovering important doom history!

It's really all u/fuckinwaluigi, I just posted the link on here. still, thank you for that!

Thought I read it before, and turns out I did, and it's on sadpanda of all places.

no I won't tell what sadpanda is

On 5/6/2021 at 10:30 PM, xvertigox said:

Woah, this is fantastic, it's not even on the Doomwiki.

It is mentioned in the Wiki since 2010. You know, there exists some thing called copyright, which is a good reason not to upload it completely to the wiki?

https://doomwiki.org/wiki/Doom_II_RPG