Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Engired

[Short 2 map wad] Hidden Base (UPDATED)

More looking for feedback at where I could improve, especially in design. First map I have released that is not limited too!

Difficulty: Generally it's pretty easy (All 3 difficulty selections are added!)

Engine: Boom-compatible

Maps replaced: Map01 and Map02
Custom things: Sky, titles, and music. That's it.

Bugs: If it's not OpenGL or something like that, the textures extend too far down. You can ignore this and play with crispier settings/source ports, but it is not recommended for the best experience.

Download: https://mega.nz/file/Yc400R7I#Asa1vUdSHrjlGIm7G378GDhyRnfJHyfhbXiHFlNPjXI (NEW)

Edited by Engired

Thought I would play a very late doom game before going to bed now I'm gunna have nightmares of dark forests

night

10 minutes ago, Clippy said:

Thought I would play a very late doom game before going to bed now I'm gunna have nightmares of dark forests

night

GZdoom turned up is super bright, and that's what I used. On vanilla software, it should be good due to the way vanilla handles darkness, but anything other than those two are really dark and almost impossible to play. Here's what it's supposed to look like:

Screenshot_Doom_20210509_150320.png.9905cd2c3a5596c77003c64db67eff06.png

Also, yeah, don't stay in the Archvile room. Not fun. You can get up to 16 archviles.

Hey, to make midtextures not extend into the floor, you need to make a small sector around them with a different light level. See wad below for an example.

midtex.zip

I was able to see well, so had no problem with the outside section. But I got stuck on the arch viles on the second map. I'm a beginner player though, so take that for what its worth.

I recorded playthrough as well. My audio was too quiet in the recording, but I didn't really say anything important.

https://www.twitch.tv/videos/1017426378