Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
leejacksonaudio

What Are We Drinking?

My wife brought home a frozen lemonade from a place called Elotes Fanny. It's a Mexican corn specialty place that also serves all kinds of aguas frescas. Click on the link and check out the wild menu. Our dinner tonight was the Number 6, the Elote Plate. I've got enough leftovers for another meal. Good stuff, and plenty of it. They cut the corn fresh off of the cob while you watch.

Just got home from a little gyros & kabob shop with a couple of Bundaberg ginger beers. Had one while eating there at the restaurant - my first ever. They're imported from Australia, and as I learned from the owner when I bought the two to go, they're very hard to lay hands on. People ask him to buy a case of the stuff now and then, but he has to refuse because of the lack of supply. Good thing I limited my order. It's really good stuff. Not like ginger ale at all.

Tonight is cider from a local brewer. I have two different kinds, though I wouldn't be able to tell much of a difference. Good stuff though, and local which is really important during these trying times.

5 hours ago, Chopkinsca said:

.... local which is really important during these trying times.

Amen, brother.

On topic:

Voodoo_Ranger_Imperial_IPA_12oz_Bottle.j

I don't drink alcohol (never found a drink I liked), but my regular beverage of choice - which I'm drinking right now - is a mug of nice dark cocoa, flavoured with honey, vanilla, and cayenne pepper.  Sometimes I'll throw in some cinnamon for variety, or leave out the honey if I don't want it sweet.

I went out today, lovely weather. I'd booked a table at a country pub 45 mins walk from my home. Was disappointed to discover on arrival that there was nothing on tap available! Apparently the heat gotten to the cellar yesterday or something? What?

I had a bottle of Mout Raspberry and Pineapple cider instead, which was very nice with ice and frozen raspberries. For lunch I ordered a ribeye steak, medium-rare, with onion rings and garlic-fried king prawns. I finished my cider and had a rosé wine to go with the rest of my meal. I had a small bottle of Corona beer for afters.

It was all very nice, the drinks were good, the food was excellent, the overall setting was pleasant, it being an English country pub and all. But when the bill appeared, it almost physically hurt. £51 in total! Good grief!

a cold beer, outside. (it's a national holiday in Portugal today, so I went out for a walk and a beer) 

On 6/6/2021 at 12:18 PM, madlynholt said:

Despite the fact that I'm a girl, I sometimes like to drink beer. No matter how cool it is when it's hot.

wait thats weird are girls supposed to not like beer? here on brazil everyone drinks a lot of it regardeless of their genre maybe its a cultural thing?

2 minutes ago, omalefico32x said:

wait thats weird are girls supposed to not like beer? here on brazil everyone drinks a lot of it regardeless of their genre maybe its a cultural thing?

Probably, here in Mexico, both men and women drink beer, hell, my parents, aunts and uncles, my grandmothers (and sometimes my cousins and me) drink a couple every sunday (Well, I assume they do, I haven't seen most of my relatives in a long time)

2 hours ago, omalefico32x said:

It's a stereotype that is quickly disappearing in the USA. The other half of it is that men get ridiculed for ordering "bitch drinks" which is of course anything fruity and delicious.

To be fair though, there is this micro-brew obsession that makes me think the guys are just competing to see how disgusting of a brew they can tolerate/pretend to like. Women on the other hand are like, how about something drinkable?

19 minutes ago, magicsofa said:

It's a stereotype that is quickly disappearing in the USA. The other half of it is that men get ridiculed for ordering "bitch drinks" which is of course anything fruity and delicious.

To be fair though, there is this micro-brew obsession that makes me think the guys are just competing to see how disgusting of a brew they can tolerate/pretend to like. Women on the other hand are like, how about something drinkable?

They can all be squares about that while people drink something with class that isn't rat piss.

59 minutes ago, magicsofa said:

The hop game in beer *is* getting a bit out of hand, I'll admit. As much as I like IPAs and generally hoppy, dark alcohol, I have had some beer that was so hoppy it almost seemed dry going down. Hops has its place in beer, but it's not the only important ingredient.

3 hours ago, Caffeine Freak said:

The perfect Thursday morning modding beverage, complete with zero sugar.

Hello fellow caffeine addict!

7 hours ago, magicsofa said:

.... there is this micro-brew obsession ....

One reason I'll ask for a micro-brew (I simply call it a "local" beer when I order) is to support the small businesses in the area. The other reason is that I find the "corporate" beers to lack flavor, particularly when compared with the specialty brewery offerings.

But here's a corporate beer that is not bad:

Singha_Beer.jpg

I have strep throat so I'm only allowed to drink warm water, I'm not allowed to drink anything cold and I can't even eat properly as they put a pain in my tonsils. Hopefully it goes away soon.

a 6-pack of longneck bud light limes?

EDIT: I guess it was 12. God damn, I have 3 left!!!

1 hour ago, BrassKnight said:

I have strep throat so I'm only allowed to drink warm water, I'm not allowed to drink anything cold and I can't even eat properly as they put a pain in my tonsils. Hopefully it goes away soon.

Oh, man. I had that plenty of times when I was a kid. Get well soon. I'll sip some of my Crystal Light Lemon iced tea for you.

Stopped by a bubble tea place on the way home from physical therapy and bought some green milk bubble tea.

Yes, I know it's old fashioned. So sue me.

7 minutes ago, leejacksonaudio said:

old fashioned

Crunchy-chewy too