Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
leejacksonaudio

What Are We Drinking?

I had some non-alcoholic, sparkling Sangria Señoral last night at the Tacos de Birria restaurant. It was surprisingly good. I'd always wanted to try the stuff, and last night I got my chance. Probably broke several cultural taboos in the process, so I apologize if I did. But it really hit the spot. :D

31ILS8O4p-L.jpg

I usually make a gin and tonic or rum and coke pretty much every Friday evening to celebrate the end of the work week.

On 6/4/2021 at 7:52 AM, leejacksonaudio said:

Fresh Roasted Coffee

They do some good stuff. I get their Tanzania Peaberry, Indian Monsoon Malabar and Ethiopian Sidamo Guji (new favourite), as well as this selection of African coffees as k-cups. I find the k-cups are best made with a smaller amount of water than most other brands, as they seem a little weak otherwise.

I wish they offered a Kona, but I guess it's hard to make it work commercially given the inevitably high price. I see they have a Ka’u, which is barely a hillside or two away, but not quite the same.

Right now? dr. pepper :)

Spoiler

Dr. Pepper is sweet and sour coca cola, change my mind.

I also tend to enjoy whole milk because I'm childish lol
I drink water most of the time, though.

59 minutes ago, forgettablepyromaniac said:

Dr. Pepper is sweet and sour coca cola

You omitted the key ingredient: Sarsaparilla

2 minutes ago, forgettablepyromaniac said:

welp, time to go into a wikipedia dive :p

Don't bother. Sarsaparilla is a flavor you either love or hate. I haven't come across anyone who is ambivalent about it.

Non Alcoholic drink, Kvass. I've become quite the fan of it after trying it at a Russian restaurant.

41V4NI9FsoL_1024x1024.jpg

My strep throat is finally gone and I can finally eat and drink properly again. I drank some C2 earlier, it's a cheap green tea drink with a nice taste but it's only available in the Philippines from as far as I know. If you want to know how cheap it is, it costs about 14-15 pesos which can get you a single tricycle ride (10 pesos) and 4-5 pieces of candy (1 peso each).

C2GreenTea-Apple16.9ozfront_1200x1200.jpg?v=1590087414

Kirkland Organic Kombucha, Ginger Lemonade flavor, from Costco. Pretty good stuff. Doesn't have as much of the taste of the "mother" as some of the other organic kombucha drinks I've had (i.e., not as much of a vinegary sensation), but I'm not sure whether that is a good or a bad thing.

Now drinking CurrantC 100% All Natural Black Currant Nectar. I ordered a few things from the CurrantC website, including a 32oz jar of black currant concentrate to add to my usual tea mix. I'm about to try it in a jug in a little while.

unnamed__47534.1588394346.280.280.png

Edit: the concentrate is quite good when mixed with my Crystal Light Lemon Iced Tea. It's a 5:1 concentrate with no added sugar, so I had to resist the temptation to lick my fingers which accidentally got dipped into the jar. That would have been a rudely sour awakening. In any case, it's a healthy addition to my tea - healthier than when I tried adding Ribena blackcurrant concentrate to it, and better since it's made from American-grown black currants.

Edited by leejacksonaudio

I haven't really drunken anything alcoholic in months. The last thing I had was a black cherry White Claw lol. I had a Bundaberg ginger beer for the first time last week. Non-alcoholic, I know, but it's something different and it was quite refreshing.

A Bikini Blonde Lager from Maui Brewing Company. Unfortunately, it's a couple of months old, but their coconut porter is probably better anyway (porter's something else, imo).

image.png.0d6dc2e646d0ef8d863857af04720329.png

image.png

18 hours ago, leejacksonaudio said:

Hospital ice water.

...and a hot night nurse. ;)

That's the spirit, keep a poker face. What happens in hospital stays in the hospital. Time for another sip of the ice-cold...

test2.png

An excellent Florida beer, which includes Tupelo Honey as one of its ingredients.

Bought a bottle of gluhwein from a local restaurant last night. Can't drink it right away due to one of the medicines I'm on, so I'm sort of cellaring it until I'm done with the medicine. Should be excellent.

Gluhwein.jpg

On 5/30/2021 at 8:51 PM, [McD]James said:

464-4641829_the-pop-shoppe-hard-cream-so

That looks like something I would love to drink
Other than that I just drink Natty Ice, i'm simple