Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Ermin

Rem (Commercial)

That looks really interesting. I'm sure there could be a solution to eye strain problem though, but i don't really know enough to suggest anything. Probably something do do with border linings, tweaking sfx/animations, messing around with the color a bit? Seems like a waste to throw it away, seems like a great idea.

1 week? That'd be impressive even for a months' work! Love the style and your animations are top notch -- the weapon movement and firing (even without sound) look extremely satisfying, but I'd find it hard to get through a whole game like this. I think, especially if you are going to have crowds of enemies, that some other colours are almost a necessity for the player to easily parse the environment.

Be great to have some higher res footage to properly see it, I think the low res is maybe compounding the difficulty for me.  Awesome stuff!

14 minutes ago, holaareola said:

but I'd find it hard to get through a whole game like this. I think, especially if you are going to have crowds of enemies, that some other colours are almost a necessity for the player to easily parse the environment.

yep i agree with this. Here is a video btw, all prealpha shit with sound and all. still had to reduce video quality tho because of compression.

One of more unique DOOM engine projects I have seen. In my mind, the visual style is stunning, and I'd battle any assumed eye strain to blast through it!

Nice look! How about making the enemies a different color (red) (and also their blood) to help parsability and eye strain? You could even make the reds gradually shift back to greens once things are dead - kind of looking like a cool down - to help the player understand that they need to pacify the arena, get rid of all the reds?

Then you can use the red as well for the director or other elements in a storytelling method.

Edited by Helm

5 minutes ago, Helm said:

i actually spoke with @E1M1Zach just a few moments ago, and he recommended going for a less saturated approach. Advised i aim more towards Hellhunts GB visual style and i couldn't agree more, its way more pleasing to the eye.

https://t19games.itch.io/hellhuntgb

1exRcY.gif

I worry that the mugshot might prove to be a bit distracting because of how big and animated it is. Maybe reduce its size by half

As for the palette, well, maybe consider offering different options, like DUSK and Doom Eternal did?

Edited by Rudolph

24 minutes ago, Helm said:

Nice look! How about making the enemies a different color (red) (and also their blood) to help parsability and eye strain? You could even make the reds gradually shift back to greens once things are dead - kind of looking like a cool down - to help the player understand that they need to pacify the arena, get rid of all the reds?

Then you can use the red as well for the director or other elements in a storytelling method.

Like a reverse take on deBlob?

Not familiar with that product but the two-key color solution is a common art direction trick that would do wonders for this without hurting the gb color low-spec look at all

As Rem comes up the lift I got a feeling of being Jet Lee in Unleashed wash over me.

Can't handle the color tho' couldn't see a thing with these old eyes.

I love the beautifully consistent graphic style. I hope the gameplay will not be boring so I can treasure this new shooter.

Let us know when we can wishlist it on Steam. 

I may suggest that you could experiment with enemies flashing on hit so you can have some punchy feedback. Or leave it as optional feature if it may look annoying.

No idea how I missed this, looks super cool! Would it be hard to implement a (totally optional) greyscale mode? Might help some people if their eyes can't handle the green for extended periods.