Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
l00k

Cooridor 7

Anyone remember this game? I had the shareware on my 486 back in like 1995. The game was pretty much a doom wannabe. When I looked through the readme I came across the sentence "this game is better then doom".

The game is nowhere on the level of doom, it had a wolfenstien-like engine with walls joined in at 90 degrees and a constant ceiling and floor height. Another thing i found amusing was that the game took place on mars and the story involved gateways, a classic doom rip-off.

Although the graphics engine is nowhere equivilant to doom the scare factor definatly was. The level I played in the shareware was very atmosphereic, the rooms were dark, some places were infested with alien textures. The enemies had descent animations, unfortunatly i cant say the same for the sound since it required a sound card, my 486 didnt have one. Another intresting concept was that each level had a boss, i am assuming that each level contains different bosses. They are usually located deep within the level inside a heavily gaurded infested room.

The weapons in the shareware looked nice, a nice innovative weapon for its time were mines, which you can place on the ground. I also belive the game contained co-op.

One last point: in the shareware there was a monster that i could not kill , it appeared at random times for a few seconds, and when it did appear it would scare the fuckin shit out of me because it would teleport right IN YOUR DAMN FACE, and in less then a second it would disapear.

So what does the inhabitants of doomworld think of this game?

Yes, I remember that game, although I didn't like it at all.
It's spelled Corridor 7 IIRC. Blakestone: Aliens of Gold was a lot better in my opinion. Speaking of old first person shooters, does anyone remember Depth-dwellers?

one of my fave kind of old fps was descent. i dont know, could you consider it an fps? it was a tight, space ship like game with you in the cockpit and you had to fly thru mines eradicating robots.
on a side note, my parents got me a game along with my first computer back in early 96. it was called "First Encounter" and it seemed to be a reall in depth game because it had 2 huge manuals. i could never get it to work on any of my computers since, and i wonder if any of you have ever played it. the manuals dont have many screen shots so i havent much of an idea of how the game played out.

Bloodshot on the Mega Drive made a good effort at filling a gaping hole left by Doom until thankfully one day we got a PC...

One of the first FPS games I ever played was a (in retrospect) pretty horribly Wolf3D clone called Bodycount. I found the demo on an old CD recently and it's weird how something that looks totally cool can look like crap a few years later.

Corridor 7...I think I still have a demo of that somewhere. Didn't it have multiplayer support for IPX networks?

Also, anyone remember the game Zero Tolerance on the Genesis? It's the first FPS on the Genesis/Mega Drive (predating Bloodshot/Battle Frenzy). I loved that game. I still play it. Did just yesterday, infact. It's also a hell of alot better than Battle Frenzy. Too bad the sequel never came out. At least both Zero Tolerance and the beta version of its sequal are public domain now.

Wow; Corridor 7...

My most vivid memory of this one was walking down a long corridor, and seeing an enemy on the map - just round the corner. Now, my brain says,

"There's a monster there, there's a monster there. Look. Just there. You stupid bastard."

So i jump round the corner and for some reason i still managed to shit myself, twatting my knee against the desk and falling off the chair.

"Told You", my brain laughed. I felt like something of a knob.

Corridor 7 was balls. I made the mistake of playing through it back in the day. It has a worse ending than Eye of the Beholder 1 (if that's possible). EOB1 was great except for the ending, but Corridor 7 sucked quite a lot all the way through.

That First Encounter game would no doubt be "Frontier: First Encounter" which was really Elite 3. I've got it sitting around somewhere but never really played it as much as I played the first 2.

I remember Corridor 7, I have it on my "the gaming source" cd, along with many other demos. Never liked Corridor 7 all that much though, just wasn't my cup of tea.

Lord FlatHead said:

One of the first FPS games I ever played was a (in retrospect) pretty horribly Wolf3D clone called Bodycount. I found the demo on an old CD recently and it's weird how something that looks totally cool can look like crap a few years later.

I played that demo before. It was ok, but it got old fast, seeing that it's only a demo. On the site I went to download it, it said that fans of Doom would like Operation: Bodycount. Not entirely true...