Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Man of Doom

How would you want a future Quake title to look and play?

Lovecraft. Nine Inch Nails. Very fast and frantic action with grenades taking up 80% of your vision.

So, basically, a prettier version of the original Quake, I guess. How original.

mechanically Doom Eternal type gameplay but with different weapons and demons, as well as a scarier atmosphere/maps

It's gotta be fast. I'd really like if at least some of Quake's advanced movement gets integrated into core gameplay.

Honestly I'd be happy with just a remake of the Q1 single player campaign. I don't really care for the MP component at this point, even though I was huge into Q3's MP back in the day. Plus QC and QL still exist (afaik).

A sequel to Q4 would be cool too, but not as cool.

Whatever the case, it's gotta be fast and have great strafe jumping physics (something the series is known for). Q4's movement was too slow on single player.

Edited by unerxai

I think it would be cool if they did a remake of the original Quake, also. Differentiate it from Doom by being more Lovecraftian and gothic. They could revisit the slipgate storyline and make it feel weirdly familiar to Doom but not quite just like the original. But in the end, they should have Quakeguy jump through one final slipgate where he sees flashes of other worlds and suddenly, Doomguy/slayer, then credits. Open up the crossover universe using a Quake remake essentially. Unify the two mad scientist/teleport/strange dimension storylines.

The next Quake game should be like Quake 2 with Quake 3's multiplayer. That would make for a great combination.

Edited by The Strife Commando

2 hours ago, The Strife Commando said:

The next Quake game should be like Quake 2 with Quake 3's multiplayer. That would make for a great combination.

Quake 2's aesthetics were kind of bland, and I think there have been enough arena-focussed Quake games already.

2 hours ago, [McD]James said:

Quake 2's aesthetics were kind of bland, and I think there have been enough arena-focussed Quake games already.

I'm saying that the game would have Quake 2's single player with the multiplayer of Quake 3.