Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Telemassacre

Most wanted Doom map

Interesting idea, i wonder what kind of map will come out, i answered to the poll with my choices...

Interesting approach but I think many things won't work this way. For example, I like non-linear maps, the other guy likes linear maps - having a layout that is just a little bit non-linear won't get both of us excited.

1 minute ago, Tetzlaff said:

Interesting approach but I think many things won't work this way. For example, I like non-linear maps, the other guy likes linear maps - having a layout that is just a little bit non-linear won't get both of us excited.

Well, just like any other "using a poll to determine the most wanted aspects of a product", the result isn't going to be "the best map". It's just going to be the one the most people enjoy.

Let me take it this way: some people like beer, some people like milk. Milk mixed with beer isn't what most people would enjoy.

51 minutes ago, Engired said:

Will the actual results of the poll be released?

Considering stupidbunny's response they probable already are.

big, linear grandiose psychedelic map with an incessant beat. all the monsters and weapons

1 hour ago, Maximum Matt said:

Aw hell no

Would you prefer Moby or Bjork instead, sir?

This is lovely! I filled in the questionnaire. About weapon usage: I would say that the rocket launcher/ SSG are interchangeable with some mid tier enemies like Revenants, depending on the situation.

Submitted! Interesting questions. The results of the survey would be interesting in general. One question I was missing is about the overall difficulty level. Would players rather play laidback most of the time or a stream of totally nerve wrecking encounters. I’m so curious about the resulting map. 🙂

59 minutes ago, Peccatum Mihzamiz said:

I would say that the rocket launcher/ SSG are interchangeable with some mid tier enemies like Revenants, depending on the situation.

Agree entirely with this.

Submitted. Love this idea!

Huh, filling out that questionnaire actually helped to solidify my preferences. Great job, @Telemassacre!

I'll be interested to see the results, both the final stats and the resulting map.

13 hours ago, Dark Pulse said:

Would you prefer Moby or Bjork instead, sir?

Musically speaking, the bulk Bjork's work is really good.

Not necessarily everyone's taste of course.

And with that said, I can't think of a Doom wad I'd want it on the soundtrack for. Generally speaking.

I'd submitted a reply as well, looking forward to seeing what this ends up being! maybe... dare say... a community project of sorts?

"Which do you find most effective against who?" is a bit of a weird question. The BFG is the most effective weapon against everything ranging from the lowly fodder to the boss monsters.

8 hours ago, Xulgonoth said:

"Which do you find most effective against who?" is a bit of a weird question. The BFG is the most effective weapon against everything ranging from the lowly fodder to the boss monsters.

I mean from a strategic, level-progression sort of way.

21 minutes ago, Telemassacre said:

I mean from a strategic, level-progression sort of way.

A better question would be, “what is your preferred weapon to use against each enemy”