Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Sign in to follow this  
Jive

ALERT VIRUS

I have received an email from a man with the name "atan" and a file attached named "quot.doc.pif
ALERT
It's a VIRUS !
If you receive such an email : always examine the name of the attached file : with a double extension, it's certainly a virus !
The rule : when you receive an email from an unknown guy : NEVER OPEN ATTACHED FILES !
ALWAYS DELETE THE EMAIL !

This damn SirCam virus/worm is fucking up the whole net and I love it. I've been sent around thirty of these damn things, ranging between 200 and 550k a pop. The funny thing is that they mail out shit off of your computer to other people with it's own smtp code!

Heh, I got a letter from "Elvira Martinich" called "holanda" that says "Hola como estas? Te mando este archivo para que me des tu punto de vista. Nos vemos pronto, gracias." and has "Holanda.doc.lnk" as an attachment. It's just been sitting in my inbox for about a week. I need to find somebody I can FW it to so I can find out if it's a virus or not.

he maybe you should save it somewhere and open it up in notepad to see what the ode looks like.

"Hola como estas? Te mando este archivo para que me des tu punto de vista. Nos vemos pronto, gracias." and has "Holanda.doc.lnk" as an attachment

Hello, how are you? I'm sending you this file so you can give my opinion. See you soon, thanks.

I received several of these, one of them in french, 2 in english and 3 in spanish. Of course, Hotmail with its crappy 2 mb limit went mad after receiving all that shit, ranging between 255k and 648k

Yea I get tons of those now... one of them said something like "I send you this file to get your advice"
And it's something like blah.doc.bat which is about 200k.

Most people are morons and open it anyway and complain that their comp sucks.

So true, I'm tired of explaining to NOT open this kind of shit. Remember the "7 dwarvens" virus? I had to reinstall all the soft in 3 comps. Dear God....