Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Kyka

How do you pronounce the word "Cacoward?"

Khak, (khaki), Oh, (like O'sssss), Ward, ( like, fending off with magic ).

Cac-o-ward

Cacodaemon cacodaemones edit.

Remember when I tried to do a Latin translation of Doom? That... didn't go all that well.

31 minutes ago, Maximum Matt said:

The REAL question: how does one pronounce IDSPISPOPD??

I'd spee s'popped!

23 hours ago, ShallowB said:

Until I heard someone say "Gee Zed Doom" I really thought the sourceport was called "Cheesy Doom" because I had only ever heard people mumble "Gee Zee Doom"

19 hours ago, NoXion said:

"Cheesy Doom" sounds like a hot new source port. Like Chocolate Doom or Crispy Doom.

Vanilla, Chocolate, Strawberry, Crispy, Cheesy, Mocha..

We just need Veggie Doom and BEEF DOOM and we'll have a whole goddamn buffet!

Cack-O-Wards, Cack-O-Demon, Zee-Doom, Gee-Zee-Doom, Pee-Are-Boom-Plus.

That's how I pronounce them.

3 hours ago, Maximum Matt said:

id - spiss - popped

"Caco" as in the word well, cacodemon (duh) (cack-O) 

And "War" as in world war 1 or 2, or whatever, basically, as in War but, with a D at the end. 

11 hours ago, Maximum Matt said:

I've just pronounced it in my head as it's written. So pretty much id-spis-pop-d. Also, does anyone else say "smashing pumpkins into small piles of putrid debris" in their head as they type it out, or have you Doom god's just memorized it?

15 hours ago, Maximum Matt said:

Aye-dee-spiss-popped. I really don't think there's a contentious disagreement over how to pronounce that.

"Throat-Wobbler Mangrove" is how I pronounce it.

Spoiler

Ok, serious answer: "CACK-oh-ward".  The "CACK" part gets the emphasis and rhymes with "whack" and "crack".  "Ward" is like "war" with a D at the end.

Also, interesting video about things like this:

On 5/15/2021 at 11:22 AM, Sergeant_Mark_IV said:

id's piss pooped

popped*

ftfy

21 hours ago, Remilia Scarlet said:

"Throat-Wobbler Mangrove" is how I pronounce it.

Reveal hidden contents

Ok, serious answer: "CACK-oh-ward".  The "CACK" part gets the emphasis and rhymes with "whack" and "crack".  "Ward" is like "war" with a D at the end.

Also, interesting video about things like this:

Alright clever dick, alright clever dick!

This thread has just gotten silly.

On 5/13/2021 at 11:47 PM, HAK3180 said:

Cacodemon is just κακος δαιμων, no?

Yep, thats why i also pronunce the A in Caco as it is pronunced in nearly every other Language :P .

So: Cuhcowards (?)

57 minutes ago, Azuris said:

Yep, thats why i also pronunce the A in Caco as it is pronunced in nearly every other Language :P .

So: Cuhcowards (?)

The A in Portuguese, and I imagine in other romance languages as well, is just like most people pronounce Cacowards (kah-cuh-wards). Germanic languages (like English) are the odd ones out. Shoo, plebeli!

Yes, I know. English is now the worldwide lingua franca, and the most spoken language in the world, by not only natives but many other people from all sorts of different places all across the globe, including being fluently the second language of yours truly. Ehh, nugae anglicae!

14 hours ago, Gustavo6046 said:

The A in Portuguese, and I imagine in other romance languages as well, is just like most people pronounce Cacowards (kah-cuh-wards). Germanic languages (like English) are the odd ones out. Shoo, plebeli!

Yes, I know. English is now the worldwide lingua franca, and the most spoken language in the world, by not only natives but many other people from all sorts of different places all across the globe, including being fluently the second language of yours truly. Ehh, nugae anglicae!

Well, German has the Ä to show the Odd one ^^

I think Dutch also runs with the normal A.

You can see a transition in every Language tree, like italian - spanish - portuguese.

spanish - catalan/occidan - french

So there is German - Dutch - English

English beeing on the last End got some heavy Influence from French and Gallic Languages, latin influence shouldn't be the "odd" one.

That seems to messed up the whole Pronunciations and nobody cleaned it up ^^

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ghoti

So English is in the germanic Family Tree what French is in the romance Family Tree.

One of the good things of Spanish is that there is never any ambiguity on how to pronounce something.

4 hours ago, Antkibo said:

One of the good things of Spanish is that there is never any ambiguity on how to pronounce something.

Yeah, specially with the exitance of accents (this accent ´not how you pronounce stuff because of were you grew up) but it{s complicated with the many rules and how some rules say that María can't have an accent but another rule if it wasn't because of the accent then it wouldn't have the same syllables and the most obvious one is that the i wouldn't be tonic, etc.