Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
battlescroll

why do we hate game journalists

It doesn't, as in the end, a game journalist is just someone with an opinion. The videogame community loves game journalists that parrot them, before hating them the next day for not parroting them.

Thou shalt not distrust the Hive Mind.

i dont think many people hate them but i think at many times their opinions are with odds to the public thats why they  are always fighting with each other

Well, their opinions can influence the way someone plays a game, or the general perspective of it. The problem occurs if the game is absolutely good, but due to the lack of skill and/or time of play, they say it's a bad game.

Edited by Lol 6 : Wrote they instead of their, haha lol lmao

2 minutes ago, Lol 6 said:

Well, they opinions can influence the way someone plays a game, or the general perspective of it. The problem occurs if the game is absolutely good, but due to the lack of skill and/or time of play, they say it's a bad game.

i feel like this rarely happens but yea seeing the metacritic of god hand makes me sad the game is so good but nobody bough it because of the bad reviews

Just now, Lol 6 said:

Well, they opinions can influence the way someone plays a game, or the general perspective of it. The problem occurs if the game is absolutely good, but due to the lack of skill and/or time of play, they say it's a bad game.

Playing Devil's Advocate somewhat here but: if a games journalist says a game is too difficult for them, that might still be a useful comment to someone who doesn't consider themselves "good at video games." It could also be a legitimate comment on a game's difficulty curve. As for time of play, one could also make comments about a game being "too long for what it is, and I didn't have time" and such comments might be useful to those who don't want to make a time commitment.

2 minutes ago, northivanastan said:

Playing Devil's Advocate somewhat here but: if a games journalist says a game is too difficult for them, that might still be a useful comment to someone who doesn't consider themselves "good at video games." It could also be a legitimate comment on a game's difficulty curve. As for time of play, one could also make comments about a game being "too long for what it is, and I didn't have time" and such comments might be useful to those who don't want to make a time commitment.

i think more games should be using difficult options so it kinda avoids the "this game is too hard" or "this game is too easy" comments (though the difficult options needs to be well made so many games just make the enemies bullet sponges on hard)

22 minutes ago, Lol 6 said:

yeah and also this

I don't hate games journalists. A lot of them are just passionate people working a fairly low paying job.