Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
leejacksonaudio

No More Masks For Fully Vaccinated People!

I wouldn't be that confident, the vaccine's purpose is that if you get the virus, the disease isn't that strong. It's not a cure and it won't make you immune. I'd keep using the masks, just in case

1 minute ago, Lol 6 said:

I'd keep using the masks, just in case

See, that's the thing - the CDC says we don't have to, except in very specific circumstances, as long as we're fully vaccinated. They've got the data that says the vaccine works well enough to stop using them in most places.

2 minutes ago, leejacksonaudio said:

That is a possibility. People might have to start carrying around their COVID-19 Vaccination Record Cards as proof. I'm sure that whatever proof someone requires, some fundie is going to raise hell about it, claiming "it's the mark of the devil" and "666" and all that crap. Bleh.

well at some point we have to stop using masks when a big portion of people get the vaccine but i dont think we should just yet but well lets see what will happen

1 minute ago, omalefico32x said:

well at some point we have to stop using masks when a big portion of people get the vaccine but i dont think we should just yet but well lets see what will happen

I'm going to follow what the CDC recommends. Have been from the start of this rotten pandemic. They've kept me from getting sick so far. :)

4 minutes ago, leejacksonaudio said:

See, that's the thing - the CDC says we don't have to, except in very specific circumstances, as long as we're fully vaccinated. They've got the data that says the vaccine works well enough to stop using them in most places.

Even though the mortality rates are low, you never know how will your body react. Like I said before, I'd keep using them just in case.

Spoiler

Besides, they can lie, Mexico's government said it's safer now, but just because of the elections that are coming up.

Just now, Lol 6 said:

Even though the mortality rates are low, you never know how will your body react. Like I said before, I'd keep using them just in case.

i wished i could get vaccinated here i have asma and i also use glasses so not only is it a bit hard for me to breath (though not impossible like some morons are claming i just have to breath with my mouth most of the time) but when it starts to get cold or during the night i cant see anything because my glasses get blurred though i am using a mask everytime i get out of my home i just take it off when i am walking on the street at night away from other people so i can see what is in front of me

i wished i could get vaccinated here

Have they not opened up the vaccinations to your age group yet? Shouldn't you get a waiver because of your asthma?

Have they not opened up the vaccinations to your age group yet? Shouldn't you get a waiver because of your asthma?

im not entirely sure how its working here in brazil but things sure are slow my mother works in the field and she still did not find a opportunity for me to get vaccinated where i live and seens like they are not being able to keep with demand here for now its fine i dont go out too much anyway so im safe here in my home and i am waiting for more stock to come

That's good news I guess.

Canada here. I just got my first shot yesterday (moderna). Gonna be keeping the mask on at least until August when I'll get my 2nd shot.

15 minutes ago, omalefico32x said:

Agreed. It does seem unnecessarily hasty.

im not entirely sure how its working here in brazil but things sure are slow my mother works in the field and she still did not find a opportunity for me to get vaccinated where i live and seens like they are not being able to keep with demand here for now its fine i dont go out too much anyway so im safe here in my home and i am waiting for more stock to come

Things are particularly tough in Brazil. Hope it changes for the better soon.

1 minute ago, Adamast0r said:

Things are particularly tough in Brazil. Hope it changes for the better soon.

I agree wholeheartedly. Keep looking for that vaccine opportunity!

México has started, so far, only my grandma and an uncle had been vaccined (At least from my family) and they are still being cautious (despite what the government says). I hadn't gotten the vaccine and maybe I won't, I don't like it....

4 minutes ago, omalefico32x said:

I don't go out either, just when I need to do important stuff (Or if I need something from the store). I only go visit my grandma on the weekends.

1 minute ago, Lol 6 said:

I hadn't gotten the vaccine and maybe I won't, I don't like it....

I won't get into politics, as it could easily end up badly online. I just think that, although some companies are producing sub-par products, you should consider doing it. If not for yourself, then for the the people in your life.

3 minutes ago, Lol 6 said:

I hadn't gotten the vaccine and maybe I won't, I don't like it....

Not to start an argument - just asking a question - but what don't you like about it?

I'll probably keep wearing FFP3 masks when riding two-wheelers in heavy, polluted traffic. It may prolong my life in the long run, and the dust, unlike virus infections, doesn't train antibodies. I'll still wear masks while outside in cities at the crosswalks because people gather there. Also, since here we still have to wear masks inside, it becomes impractical to touch my face (!) to remove my mask for going outside, so all-in-all, I'll still wear a mask.

I'm really surprised at what I'm seeing in this thread! I expected to see people saying, "Thank goodness it's finally over! I don't have to wear a mask anymore." Instead, I'm seeing people scared to death at the prospect of going out without a mask, almost to the point of paranoia. I never would have expected this kind of reaction. I wonder why this is the case?

Not to start an argument - just asking a question - but what don't you like about it?

Well..... It's not that I don't like the vaccine, I'd should have said so. What I don't like is the way most people in my country are reacting, they believe that the vaccine will make them immune and, even in my street, they have started to do parties. And, one thing that concerns me is the time of production, usually the vaccines take between five to x years to be developed. So, I'm not that sure... And like I said, you never know how will your body react.

But, yeah, maybe I should go for it....

12 minutes ago, leejacksonaudio said:

I'm really surprised at what I'm seeing in this thread! I expected to see people saying, "Thank goodness it's finally over! I don't have to wear a mask anymore." Instead, I'm seeing people scared to death at the prospect of going out without a mask, almost to the point of paranoia. I never would have expected this kind of reaction. I wonder why this is the case?

i do like that now people can go out without a mask its just that were not ready for it at this point even more now that the variants of covid are coming and the vaccine doesnt work with then i think this will make things worse and we should be doing something like this later this year when most already got vaccinated and it isnt a concearn anymore

48 minutes ago, leejacksonaudio said:

That is a possibility. People might have to start carrying around their COVID-19 Vaccination Record Cards as proof. I'm sure that whatever proof someone requires, some fundie is going to raise hell about it, claiming "it's the mark of the devil" and "666" and all that crap. Bleh.

Ask the guy about his smartphone then, lol.

Maybe I'd wear my gasmask more if the filters lasted infinitely and the gasmask wasn't so uncomfortable and leave red marks on my face. But it looks so cool.

The other masks, I'll wear them even after getting vaccinated, at least until the mask recommendations are removed. Also they're required in public transport at the moment. Maybe it would be fun to put lipstick again sometimes, but now it would probably just get smeared into the mask and face. Now I've had lipstick only twice during these mask recommendations/requirements.

i do like that now people can go out without a mask its just that were not ready for it at this point even more now that the variants of covid are coming and the vaccine doesnt work with then i think this will make things worse and we should be doing something like this later this year when most already got vaccinated and it isnt a concearn anymore

You've got to remember that a) this only applies to the United States, and b) it only applies to fully vaccinated people in the United States. Anyone unvaccinated still has to wear a mask.

1 minute ago, leejacksonaudio said:

You've got to remember that a) this only applies to the United States, and b) it only applies to fully vaccinated people in the United States. Anyone unvaccinated still has to wear a mask.

yea i know but i think this is hard to check and at least here in brazil i see a lot of people coming with excuses to not use the mask on stuff like supermarkets so my worries is that people will stop using masks even without getting the vaccine but i dunno how the situation is on the usa so ii might be just projecting how it is here in brazil

3 minutes ago, leejacksonaudio said:

I'm seeing people scared to death at the prospect of going out without a mask, almost to the point of paranoia. I never would have expected this kind of reaction. I wonder why this is the case?

Technically I'm being cautious here. I'm actually planning to slowly go back to my old life after I fully get vaccinated, but of course I'll move out slowly, stock up with masks and painkillers, learn all the legal measures in case I still DO get infected and positive, and so on. Since March 2020, I had retreated with my parents to our home in the lush countryside in order to really minimize the risk of infection, and reduced socialization quite a lot (instead, I worked out a LOT by having bicycle trips around the mountain foothills), but hey, this is getting old and I'm a grown man, and the vaccine is a great opportunity to finally move out (i.e. back to my original home in the city) and have more fun while exposing myself to the "lesser" risk of disease now.