Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
The BMFG

Thoughts On VFR

So i got a ps4pro yesterday along with a psvr and a copy of doom VFR on disc. played it. I liked it. have not completed it yet but its great for me. i have also played a little bit of toxic refinery in it. also i LOVE the original doom skyboxes in psvr it looks SO beautiful. what are your thoughts on this? 

It's good. It's basically just a 3-5 hour expansion pack for Doom 2016. You have to enable smooth locomotion though, that way it controls like a normal FPS (analog movement, aim to turn). I use the Aim controller.

I wish it were longer but it's definitely worth checking out if you have the hardware to support it.

I got a VR setup recently, and while looking for VR games Doom VFR was one of the first that came to mind. Is the control scheme really as bad as the Steam reviews claim? Either way I might pick it up during the next Steam sale, whenever that is, as I'm not sure it's worth the regular price of £20 if it's as short as people claim.

On 6/8/2021 at 8:56 PM, DrinkyBird said:

I got a VR setup recently, and while looking for VR games Doom VFR was one of the first that came to mind. Is the control scheme really as bad as the Steam reviews claim? Either way I might pick it up during the next Steam sale, whenever that is, as I'm not sure it's worth the regular price of £20 if it's as short as people claim.

You have to turn on smooth locomotion in the settings. I have the PS4 version and not the Steam version, but by default the only way to move is to teleport from spot to spot. In order to have full control of your movement as you would in any other shooter you have to go into the settings to enable smooth locomotion.

It's definitely short, there's no two ways about that. But if you turn on smooth locomotion the game ends up playing out like a 3-5 hour expansion pack for Doom 2016. It's up to you to decide how much that's worth to you, but the game itself plays really well with the proper settings.

My favourite VR Title so far.

Really.

It is so immersive beeing sorrounded by that Demons, i moved around as in one of those Commercials.

(Also my fault, i did not comprehend that Time slows down by holding the teleport Button...)

Was also a bit of strange playing Doom 2016 afterwards, everything seemed so "flat" ;P

Having Berserk, staying infront a Mancubus, jumping up and punching it into the Face was a great Moment.

Spend 8 Hours in my first Playthrough, i liked the Stay :P

5 Hours on my second.