Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Scotty

Cydonia [/idgames]

Finally finished this. I'm super impressed, this is by far one of the best things I've played all year. I didn't like Map05 but I respect the hell out of it. It's still probably the map that gave me the most trouble in the entire set. Map 19 had one encounter that made me rage quit a few times, and map20 seemed insurmountable until I worked out how to get the BFG - which seems like it should be easy but with every other door not being openable and being under fire from all angles I couldn't work it out at first.

Anyway, great stuff. Loved the hell out of this project.

Up to map 5 and got to say, you guys did a stellar job at emulating the Plutonia style! Great, great mapset so far <3

Seems like the wad is not on idgames yet so here's a small bug report:

MAP10 has two player 3 starts and no player 2 starts

We're also going to play through the whole wad (multiple times) on Thursday Night Survival today so any lingering co-op issues are likely to be encountered.

If you feel like joining us, the session starts at 19:00 GMT/14:00 EST and should be fairly active for 4+ hours.

On 11/20/2021 at 5:09 PM, whybmonotacrab said:

Finally finished this. I'm super impressed, this is by far one of the best things I've played all year. I didn't like Map05 but I respect the hell out of it. It's still probably the map that gave me the most trouble in the entire set. Map 19 had one encounter that made me rage quit a few times, and map20 seemed insurmountable until I worked out how to get the BFG - which seems like it should be easy but with every other door not being openable and being under fire from all angles I couldn't work it out at first.

Anyway, great stuff. Loved the hell out of this project.

Interesting feedback re. map20. I have changed some textures a bit so hopefully actionable doors are a bit more obvious, i do appreciate how frantic that start is especially when playing blind.

5 hours ago, Keyboard_Doomer said:

Seems like the wad is not on idgames yet so here's a small bug report:

MAP10 has two player 3 starts and no player 2 starts

We're also going to play through the whole wad (multiple times) on Thursday Night Survival today so any lingering co-op issues are likely to be encountered.

If you feel like joining us, the session starts at 19:00 GMT/14:00 EST and should be fairly active for 4+ hours.

Nice! I will try and hop in for a bit. I have fixed the map10 player starts for rc2.

RC2 is available in the OP which addresses the two minor bugs/issues noted above.

Thanks for joining us for TNS. I'm pretty sure you noticed some (if not all) of these but here are the coop issues we encountered:

MAP05
    - the tag 2 sectors near the start raise at some point which will make the players in the start room (and any late joiners) stuck, also accompanied with HOMs for the stuck players
    - if you are in the area with the yellow key when the yellow switch bridge (sector 57) is raised you will get stuck there
MAP10
    - the intention here seems to be that at the start you get to choose either a plasma gun or a rocket launcher and then the platform lowers but the issue for coop is that after the platform is lowered no other player can get either of the weapons
MAP11
    - after the door that's opened with the red door switch is closed with line 1007 there's no way to open it again so it can softlock the map in coop
MAP31
    - if you fall off at start of the map you can stand on the unraised pillars to avoid damage and are then effectively softlocked

And in case you were wondering about the chaingunners not being green, that's a side effect of one of the extra wads we use that doesn't really account for chaingunners being recolored, heh.

Tough and fun. Still don't understand MAP31. I'll have to watch someone else's playthrough.

Two small things.

Spoiler

MAP08 - The walk-through BFALLx to the secret Rocket Launcher has no texture on the back side so it's invisible.

MAP17 - There are four W1 RaiseFloorToHigherFLoorChangeTex linedefs surrounding the Yellow Key. If you cross two of them, it raises the bridge to the height of the Cyber platform, showing a missing back side texture on the end of the bridge, line #586.

Hey, RC3 is posted. I have addressed all the bugs above (except the map31 'softlock' cause i figure that is voluntary), i also added some extra co-op only armour and the odd soulsphere to every map given what i saw in TNS, i expected it to be a bit breezier than it was. Thanks again. I have also changed the megaarmour to a megasphere at the start of map20 because i felt as though it needed it.

I will idgames this in a few days barring any last minute dramas (same applies for Haste, while i am here).

Edited by Scotty

Hmm, found one in MAP05. I fell into a monster closet (sector 209) and was stuck. I came in from the lift to the NE and didn't get one of five triggers to raise the closet beforehand.

There is a lot of "Unknown patch XX in texture ZZ" messages when loading the wad in GZdoom v4.7.1 (and so a lot of black textures in the maps) could you please have a look? Thank you!

3 hours ago, Lord Pavis said:

There is a lot of "Unknown patch XX in texture ZZ" messages when loading the wad in GZdoom v4.7.1 (and so a lot of black textures in the maps) could you please have a look? Thank you!

Make sure you're using Plutonia and not Doom II as the IWAD.

9 hours ago, Shepardus said:

Make sure you're using Plutonia and not Doom II as the IWAD.

Thank you!, it works much better

Edited by Lord Pavis

On 2/17/2022 at 7:22 PM, Zijian_Jia said:

Blocked by this door in MAP 10 after left turn from starting point.  cant go anywhere

(GZdoom + brutal doom).

Desktop Screenshot 2022.02.18 - 03.16.15.01.png

If you (somehow, without a red key) got into the area that causes that door to lock in the first place, then you should be able to access the yellow key progression to leave... i can't see how this door can softlock someone.

We've played in your stuff. Well, it feels like you playing some extra maps for the first plutonia.wad. Really great work!

Map16 softlocks players in coop when they enter the red key area and tag 6 closes behind them.  If someone triggered that W1 line and dies the rest of the team can't get the red key to finish the map.